Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Goggles
Quote | Reply
I am a female with a very narrow face and have a hard time finding swimming goggles that don't leak. The goggles I am currently using are the TYR Velocity and they work pretty well. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles [lauriewl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speedo Women's Vanquisher comes with 3 sizes of nose-pieces that are exchangable. The smallest one works for me (also a narrow face) with no leaking. I simply can't use goggles without adjustable nosepieces.

Where I live Dick's Sporting goods carries them and I think you can open the package and try them on before you buy them...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently tried the Sable goggles at their booth at a race, and although expensive they were comfy so I decided to give them a try. I love them! Very adjustable noses. If they are at any races near you they let you try them in the water before you buy.

I also like swimming in sweedish goggles once they are played with enough to get the fit right (although the Sable ones are more comfy). And those also of course have a very adjustable nose!

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've had good success with the TYR femme T-72 petite...they're very basic, but they work for me! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
My face is sort of narrow too, and I've had good luck with the TYR racetech's and socket rockets. The Racetech's have a rubber gasket that seals really well. I recently switched to the socket rockets, which are essentially swedes with a silicone seal because "real swimmers wear swedes" and really like them. The racetech's fit a lot better (and have survived kicks to the face without leaking), but their FOV isn't all that great, which is why I like the socketrockets for training.

sometimes you just have to eat the cake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swedes.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For IronMan swim-length comfort, I have found Barracuda goggles to be both comfortable and leak-free. I discovered them before LASIK surgery (wearing contact lens), where a leak meant a lost lens.

Like the other brands suggested, the nose piece is infinitely adjustable by cutting the plastic strip provided. The seal doesn't leave the "raccoon marks" on your face that swedes do :-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i just picked up a pair of TYR nest pro nano for $15 at a local shop...will be trying them out sunday, but they fit my narrow face perfectly dry!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I've been using Barracuda for like 20 years. Partly because the nose piece can be cut to exactly the size you need; and partly because the soft foam does not destroy the soft tissue and cause bone bruises around your eye socket

The only drawback to Barracuda is for racing. They lie gently on your face rather than being suctioned in place like most other goggles. Because they lie gently, they could much more easily be banged off your face in a swim scrum it somebody whacks you in the head.

I think people don't like Barracuda because they are more expensive, but they last at least one year or more so to me it's worthwhile over the long term. The comfort is well worth the price difference.

I used to train in Barracuda and race in the Tyr Fem. That was a pretty good compromise. The Tyr Fem was suctioned to your face and hard to knock off.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had the same problem. The only goggles I've found not to leak for me are the Aquasphere Kaiman goggles made for women. I love them!
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Nest Pro's but they smoosh (technical term) in on my eyes and my eyelashes rub constantly. The wider field of vision is great and clarity of vision is awesome out of the water - but they freaked me out in the pool, my vision was just off with things blurry and depth perception wonky (like it's hard to see where that big cross is on the wall or that big line in the bottom...I know, but still...)

I swapped back to a Speedo pair with red mirrored lenses with minimal padding. If I wasn't worried about getting kicked and smashing an eye socket I'd totally wear swedes in my races.

I'm a goggle snob though...more picky about that than my bike shorts.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I <3 my swedes. Comfy, infinitely adjustable, and they don't give me a rash like many other kinds of goggles do.

Best thing in general to do is find a sporting goods store that lets you take them out of the box, and find a pair where you can feel the eyecups seal to your face when you press them firmly without having to put the headstrap on.
Quote Reply
Re: Goggles [kben102] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered these goggles and swam last night with them - they were wonderful - Thanks!
Quote Reply