Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Marathon completed!
Quote | Reply
I completed my first marathon yesterday! Did the Gold Coast marathon (Australia) in a time of 4hrs 49mins...had some pretty serious gastro problems n had to stop for a toilet break twice which made the kilometres between 13 & 29 pretty interesting. I felt better in the last 12km's than i did in the middle 15km's. Had a blast though & cant wait to do another one-its pretty liberating.

Last edited by: BerryFloor: Jul 6, 09 5:37
Quote Reply
Re: First Marathon completed! [BerryFloor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! Which one?

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! that's awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done!! Post a race report with the details :-) I love reading success stories.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! What a beautiful course eh. I highly recommend those of you in N.A. to make the journey to do the race. While I only did the half, and on one step above no training, it was still a great event (and I didn't even have a personal worst - although close to it).

When I head back to Canada this will be a race I put on my "destination marathon" list. I have a couple of photos on my blog if you're at all interested.

CONGRATULATIONS again, there is nothing like completing that first marathon.

Karen

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: First Marathon completed! [MEL K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Karen, so glad you had a nice time in Aus. Are there any marathon's in Canada?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the Aussies say there are "heaps" of marathons in Canada too. I just happened to be in Australia for 2009 so I figured I'd give some of theirs a go too. It's too bad I'm not actually running much these days. My sister was teasing me that I'm in the bottom 10% of the female field for my half marathon result. But what ever I was faster than all those that didn't show up.

Congratulations again. I hope it's getting easier for you to walk down stairs. ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply