Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite interval workouts for trainer
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their favorite bike interval workouts for the trainer for training for a half-Ironman. I obviously prefer to train outside, but have a 7 mo old baby and, unfortunately, usually get only one ride outside per week and do the other ones on the trainer after he goes to bed. I have a healthy collection of Spinervals but am a bit bored of them and am looking to mix it up with other workouts. Any good ones you like?

Thanks!

Kathy
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite interval workouts for trainer [kathy07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vo2 max intervals. 5 x 5 min with 3 min recoveries.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite interval workouts for trainer [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^I like that too. Or you could do a ladder 3,4,5,6,5,4,3 minutes with recoveries of same time in between. One leg drills are fun too.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite interval workouts for trainer [kathy07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Along the line of TC recommendations.... my favorite interval work session is 4 x 10 minutes hard, like FT hard, 5 minutes recovery at Aerobic pace. kills an hour really damn fast.

Here's the whole thing... warm up 20-30 minutes, 4x10's with 5 recovery, then 10 minutes easy after 4th one, then add another 8 x 1 min at high cadence with 1 minute recovery, then spin down. 2 hours and you've got a killer workout.
Quote Reply