Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fake Coaches, how to choose a coach
Quote | Reply
How many people have experienced coaches who are neither certified in their sport or experienced?
Have you seen a coaches team where more than half of the coached athletes were not progressing at all and the other half were so injured that they had to take time off to heal?
In your experience, how would you decide if a coach was right for you and safe for you?
Cheers!

No really, the only easy day was yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: Fake Coaches, how to choose a coach [Puppowitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Puppowitz wrote:
How many people have experienced coaches who are neither certified in their sport or experienced?
Have you seen a coaches team where more than half of the coached athletes were not progressing at all and the other half were so injured that they had to take time off to heal?
In your experience, how would you decide if a coach was right for you and safe for you?
Cheers!

I've never really heard any of this kind of stuff happening. I think most smart people vet coaches pretty thoroughly before choosing them, whether certified or not. I feel there are probably some very good non-certified coaches and crappy certified coaches.

I think a lot of issues with hiring the wrong coach then firing come from personality conflicts or an athlete feeling like maybe they aren't getting the kind of attention or communication they expected or end up needing.

Honestly, if someone hires a coach who isn't experienced in their sport, I think that's on the athlete NOT so much the Coach.

"Though she be but little, she is fierce" ~Shakespeare | Powered by HD Coaching | 2014 Wattie Ink Triathlon Team | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Fake Coaches, how to choose a coach [kmh1225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree 100% with KMH
Quote Reply