Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Evil glare from "Recumbant Man"
Quote | Reply
Went riding last night and passed a guy on a recumbant who was barely moving. When I passed, I gave him a wide berth and made sure there wasn't any 'traffic' coming the other way. I was about done with my ride, so minutes later I was loading my bike into the car. Recumbant guy rolled by, then again back the other way... the second time I swear he was giving me "the stink eye".
Made me want to flip him "the bird"

Just past where I was parked was somewhat of a dead end, so I'm not sure why he headed down that way in the first place if he was familiar with the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Evil glare from "Recumbant Man" [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haters gonna hate, as the young people say these days. There's a definite demographic those things appeal to, and they seem to hate roadies for some reason. *shrug*

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he rode by you so many times, giving you the 'eye' because he thought you were HOT :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, this is combining two threads, but I used to attend a group ride which was frequented by a guy riding a recumbent. Now i am not totally against the bike...I get it, as a PT I see people who want to keep riding and a recumbent might be the only option BUT - this guy was a total jerk. We would be moving along at a casual pace and he would decide he wanted to show everyone what he was made of. The problem was, we lived in a hilly area...any little rise in grade and he couldn't hang...so we would all jam up behind him until safe to pass...Maybe there should be special recumbent lanes...

:)