Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling Shorts for my wife
Quote | Reply
First off let me say thank you all in advance for your responses. i did check the search button first and after 14 pages of other topics i didn't find anything to helpful. My wife has signed up for her second century ride. The first one was brutal for her with some saddle/other issues when she finished she said that her legs didn't hurt at all compared to her other area. So i wanted to do anything that we could 5 saddles later we have her finally dialed in 2 x's at the fitters it seems that the bike and saddle are all finally coming around where she is back to enjoying riding. she is 5' 5" 135 lbs trying to find what shorts have worked for you ladies out there. She has a pair of zoot shorts which she liked but the seam on the chamois irritates her. thank you again for your responses id love to get her dialed in.

thank you,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling Shorts for my wife [chris9304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not care for any crotch padding so I go with DeSoto, TYR and Zoot because they hold and fit well pn long rides.

Quote | Reply
I'm a fan of Louis Garneau. I recently got a pair of 2XU which I really like as well as a pair of Cobb which I LOVE! No seams in the wrong places. It takes some time and you will go through a lot so good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For century rides, I've had good experience with Hincapie (yes, that Hincapie;-) shorts. I'm partial to their Chantilly line that I might just buy for myself!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favorite is from Primal, just their normal team kit. I wear the men's because they fit me better, but I'm quite a bit bigger than your wife.
Might also try chamois cream or body glide if you haven't already for the seam irritation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not big on padding so I usually wear tri shorts for my rides. However, for long rides I wear the Pearl Izumi Sugar shorts. Pearl Izumi runs small, but these are the best shorts by them that I have found. They have a short inseam - and I am short (5'2") so the material doesn't go halfway down my quads, and the chamois is amazingly soft and washes well. There are no seams on the chamois either. Was actually looking for another pair to buy this week.
Last edited by: VeggieTri: Jun 12, 14 9:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode 100k yesterday in a pair of Louis Garneau Mondo Evo bib shorts. Love them... no issues with pain/chafing/discomfort whatsoever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just scored a pair of SOAS tri shorts. These are undoubted the MOST COMFORTABLE shorts I have worn.

I was a bit skeptical at first b/c the padding is quite thin. These shorts win hands down over my SKINS, Luna, and 2XU shorts.

Good luck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my tri-bike and for short rides I usually wear tri-shorts, for longer rides especially on my road bike my favorites are the Shebeest Triple S Short. I like the shorter inseam and the padding doesn't seem as bulky as most other cycling shorts. I am similar in size to your wife 5'4" 125.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of Sugoi shorts. Specifically the Women's RS/RS Pro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like my Sugoi RS Tri Shorts. There's not much padding but they fit close and don't shift when I ride. I also like the Sugoi Shorty Short. Again, it stays in place, and this one offers a little more cushion without being obnoxious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'3" and ~115lbs and I've found that I don't like the pads in bike shorts - they don't agree with my lady parts. So I only wear tri shorts even for 100+ miles. The ones I like the best are Zoot, Specialized, SOAS, LG, and 2XU. The other key factor is some good Chamois cream.

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Terry Bella shorts are my favorite! They are designed specifically for women! I wore these shorts on my multi-state 500 mile bike tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have and like Sugoi RSE bibs, but my new favourite is the Pactimo Ascent bib - they make a non-bib short as well. The pad feels a bit stiff when you put on the shorts, but then it completely disappears and you never think about it again! Pure comfort.

I'm not sure where to buy them non-branded, but if your wife is interested in supporting a great brand that believes in empowering female athletes you might consider these:

Bib shorts

Regular shorts

They do run a bit small compared to the size chart - if in doubt, go up one size.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
DeSoto 400 mile shorts
Quote Reply