Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Check out "Women in TDF" thread in main forum
Quote | Reply
And please respond to the petition. It is asking for a women's race, probably to start 30 minutes after the men's race. Finish lines staying open for an additional 60-90 minutes.

Triathlon accommodates us, why not cycling?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Check out "Women in TDF" thread in main forum [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the link, if you want to sign the petition. They are basically asking to have their "own professional field running in conjunction with the men's event, at the same time, over the same distances, on the same days, with modifications in start/finish times so neither gender's race interferes with the other."

http://www.change.org/...tour-de-france#share

Quote Reply
Re: Check out "Women in TDF" thread in main forum [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signed it. Thanks for posting, although "accommodating women" is hopefully not exactly what you meant. That sounds like putting a tampon dispenser in a bathroom. We want more than that.

It is creating excitement, followers, sponsorship and careers for women cyclists. And if the pro women want a TdF, hells yes, I support that. Hope it comes to fruition soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's a great push and women should certainly have equivalent grand tours. But, let's not kid ourselves: it's not keeping the finish line open that's stopping the organizers.

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
signed it a while back.

the argument against women's cycling is often "nobody wants to watch it."

well, televise it and let me watch it!! olympics and world championships in 2012 were amazing racing (it helps that vos is boss, in my opinion).
Last edited by: tegra: Jul 18, 13 6:43
Quote Reply