Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chattanooga Ironman
Quote | Reply
If anyone here did the 2014 Chattanooga Ironman, do you by chance recall seeing two guys on the marathon course handing out salt dispensers? I am just wondering what product it was. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Ironman [runner45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Ironman [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Ironman [runner45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. You mean right there at that hot corner as we were getting ready to make the turn to cross the river on the first loop?

It was Base. http://www.baseperformance.com/

Matt Miller is a cool cat. CHOO was the first time I had really used BASE. I spent a lot of time talking to him a couple days before the race & had a few tubes with me all day. Made a HUGE difference in my race, for a number of reasons. Even saved some guy I didn't know - he was in BAD shape, I made his wife lick his thumb, put the salts on it & made her stick his thumb in his mouth. Did that 3 times, left that tube with them. I saw them later, he was human again & finished the race in good form. At CHOO I took a shot of them about every 30min riding, roughly every mile or so on the run.

Pop it, flip it, lick it.

Good stuff. (And I'm not even an ambassador or in any way affiliated with them. I just dig it.

AW

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Ironman [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would have to say yes, that was me. And Mr. Tony Demakis. We were out there trying to help everyone along. Such a great day. We will be at Every US Ironman in 2015. It will be amazing.
Quote Reply