Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best workouts pregnant
Quote | Reply
What are/were your favorite workouts while pregnant? I'm almost 22 weeks. I get outside to run when I can but I've lost a lot of my running fitness. I run for 5 minutes at a time then take a walk break. I'm getting a little bored with this and want to do something else. I tried biking on the trainer but it's insanely uncomfortable to sit. I had to put a thick towel down just to make it through 30 minutes.

Anyway, I don't have access to a gym. I have free weights and an TRX. We're in between pools right now and probably won't be back in for about a month or so. I want to something but am at a loss a little and looking for some ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: Best workouts pregnant [Tri1016] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to quit running around 21 or 22 weeks due to SI joint issues (very painful) but was able to re-start about 5-6 weeks later. I did a run walk where I'd run so many minutes then walk so many (for example, run 5 minutes, walk 1 or 2, repeat). Since I wasn't going as far I also brought my dogs with me which made it more fun (also made my SI joint issue come back). I focused less on my time and just enjoyed that I was still able to run.

Congrats by the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a lot of swimming, water running and weights (higher reps then heavy) - congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prenatal yoga. Either via DVD or a local studio.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 25 weeks pregnant. I stopped running several weeks ago because it was getting too uncomfortable. I've been going hiking every weekend, as well as some shorter walks during the week, and I'm also taking a weekly prenatal yoga class. I want to start swimming again but I've outgrown my swimsuit and still need to get a new one.

The yoga class is great. I wasn't expecting much of a benefit from it but I think it's actually helping my flexibility, strength, and balance. My neighborhood walks are pretty boring (I do them for my dog as much as for myself) but hiking is nice because I get a change of scenery and spend a little time in nature, plus it's more physically challenging than anything else I'm doing right now.

I really miss "real" workouts and can't wait to get back at it after my little guy is born.
Quote Reply
Re: Best workouts pregnant [froglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite was always yoga. Especially with my third kiddo. He was a HUGE nugget. He was born at 10 lbs and from 6 months on he pushed on my back so bad.

The yoga kept me feeling great. I walked a lot too but agree it got boring. The yoga also helped me when I was in labor with the first one. There are positions you can do while laboring that are a tremendous help. Especially the breathing if you are going to labor naturally!
Quote Reply