Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

B2B vs American TTT
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
I am considering the fall race season copming up. I can't wait for warmer temps! Here is my "dilema". I finished B2B this last Nov and had a good race-not fast but I did well and finished in time(I am always the back or the BOP). So I am trying to get motivated again since after the race, it has been a trial to get it together. I know that is common but I have gained 10 pounds since Nov. Very hard to get a grip this winter.
Anyway, I am trying to decide between doing B2B again and try to improve my time or going for the american TTT in NC this fall. I like the timing of the TTT(early Oct) vs mid Nov. I would like opinions on how the training differs from an IM. I would suspect a few more bricks and a few more multiple workouts per day(the TTT is a 3 day, 4 event tri with the bulk of the races are 2 olys Sat and a 1/2 IM on Sunday).
The TTT sounds so exciting to me but I get so sick of being the "big" girl at these long distance races. I like doing the 1/2 IM distance or longer just because I am not built for speed at all.
I am in the 50-55 age group and one would think that I would be so "over" the body image thing by now, but not so. Especially when I am in a sport where < 10% body fat is the norm. I know it is what I can "do", not that I don't look like the girl next to me.
So, just how ultra fit are these folks that show up to these TTT's? Much more so than an irondistance race?. I did see s few average folks out there with me last Nov so I didn't feel totally awful. I actually think a bit of extra weight is not a bad idea for endurance sports especially for females.
So I don't need folks to tell me to train harder and drop the weight. Got that. My goal is not to be super thin,blah,blah,blah. I just would like to sign up for races without thinking over and over if I am going to "stand out" and not in a good way.
So, I guess the big question is....Do I do B2B again and have a comfort level going into the race or take a risk and do TTT where I will be probably, once again, have all my extra fuel on my hips rather than in a GU packet.
Thanks for the feedback, choice or race and training tips.......
Quote Reply
Re: B2B vs American TTT [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done the ohio TTT 3 times and the B2B twice. personally, I would do the TTT. I love the B2B race but the TTT is really a special race series unto itself. It is a lot of fun seeing everyone all weekend and getting to know all the racers. While it will certainly be different being on the flat courses in White lake, I don't see it being any less competitive. People will hammer themselves on the Saturday only to wake up in ohhhh so much pain on Sunday. If you pace yourself correctly on Saturday you will 100% pass a LOT of people on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
both. I liked B2B and am going back....and am doing TTT-NC.
Quote Reply
Re: B2B vs American TTT [n.e.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
both. I liked B2B and am going back....and am doing TTT-NC.

For the record, doing both should be easily doable. The TTT format won't shell you nearly as much as the Ironman would since it is over 3 days and you can recoup after each race. I took a couple days off after the TTT and then back at it no problem. SO I agree, both. :)
Quote Reply
Re: B2B vs American TTT [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I didn't even consider "both". They are about 5 weeks apart. I just frankly am having so much difficulty getting into training mode and multiple century rides for B2B just isn't motivating or exciting at all. Of course we are having 50 mph wind gusts with wind chill in the teens. Not as bad as it could be, I know.
So when you did TTT, were there average folks there as well or just super buff?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The folks in Ohio were pretty studly. That race does seem to attract some really good athletes. Don't be discouraged or intimidated though.
Usually I can place top 20% in the race series I do in Ontario which are pretty competitive and have quite a few athletes at them. At the Triple T I was right smack dab in the middle of the pack.
It would be a perfect weekend for getting ready for B2B too. Now you have me thinking about both as well! :)
Quote Reply