Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Assos chamois cream and other...
Quote | Reply
... such products with menthol and/or witch hazel.

do these work for you gals? or is it better if your chamois cream doesn't have any whoopee in it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Assos cream for my longer rides and it seems to be fine for me (knock on wood). I put it directly on the chamois and it doesn't bother me.
Last edited by: Wingnut: Jul 9, 08 17:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never used any chamois cream with whoopee in it, it sounds kind of scary. I once put Ben-gay on my legs then pulled on my running tights. It was very, um, not good at all. Kind of like cutting a serrano chili then rubbing your eye.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoopee for sure. I was using the usual Chamois Butter then Assos was recommended to me. So much nicer. Works great and not just for the thrill factor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the Sport-something one in the blue bottle. It's lightly "tingled" and I had no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assos cream has a wide jar opening, as compared to a toothpaste tube. The thought of repeatedly dipping my dirty hand into a vat and spreading the contents onto/into my "inny parts" makes me go "ewwww"!

No matter what is in the cream, as long as it is dispensed in a non-sterile fashion, re-contamination is too big a risk for me. I want to at least start the ride feeling clean.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you for your answer, and it's valued. for the purposes of this inquiry, it's the whoopee factor i'm interested in.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No menthol/etc. Tried the Assos once and it was weird, so i stick to the regular chamois cream.

--------------------

http://thethighmasterroutetokona.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
witch hazel would be ok, but menthol on my bits scares me....which is why I did not get assos - I use body glide or chamois buttr or both as they are whooppee free....

the whole 'a little dab will do ya' I don't think I could handle on the bike....

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Last edited by: CatIsTriing: Jul 9, 08 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [CatIsTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, i'm concerned as well. hence my question. but you and i will not get our definitive answer until we hear from the gals who've used assos.

so, any additional female assos users out there?!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I use it. No problems here. It doesn't matter to me whether it's Assos or Butt Butter or whatever. The whoopee isn't very whoopee.

Jessica
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [Jessica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Chamois Buttr and have tried Butt Paste (stained my gray Forza shorts!!!). I've been wanting to try Assos, esp for the whoopee factor, but can't bring myself to pay for it. Maybe get a tub just for long rides... thanks for the info

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I love Asso riding shorts I decided to try the chamois cream for long rides. I loaded it up in my britches, pulled them up, and went out to my bike. I felt the whoopee. OMG! I thought I was having an allergic reaction. I contemplated how I would present myself to the ER-doubting that they would believe my story. I ran back in the house and looked at the ingredients lists. To my relief I recognized the whoopee factor. I still use it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yes, i'm concerned as well. hence my question. but you and i will not get our definitive answer until we hear from the gals who've used assos.

so, any additional female assos users out there?!

Damned expensive!! If someone sends me some, I'll try it and report back.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a handful of products ranging from nothing at all to, Bag Bal, to Desitin, to Assos creme.

It's amazing how much people spend on other things - to be more aero, to have a lighter bike, to cut time in transition - but won't pony up when it comes to keeping 'down there' relatively pain/sore free. I will spend $36 on a sports bra to keep my ta-ta's in place. I will spend upwards to $120 on a pair of running shoes to keep my knees happy. And I will pay $22 to keep my 'parts' happy.

I don't use gobs of it, but like it when I do use it.

Jen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use it....and love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use it and love it (especially the whoopee!).....I ususally start with it in the morning (chamois and body) but if I need to relube I usually use Chamois butter.....easier to carry!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used assos for a few years now and love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it for long rides. The tingling isn't a factor one way or the other...I just want to prevent chafing/rubbing/pain "over there" (as my grandmother says).

It's what the hubby bought and over there is just fine!

CinDee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Assos...I like the party in my pants. I typically apply it to the chamois, but for direct skin application I usually use Body Glide...though sometimes Assos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Assos. Love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

I use Assos and I use A&D. Assos is ok, the cool fxtr or whoopiee fxtr is really no biggie to me. Also it tends to go away as soon as the area heats up. Assos tends to be pricey, so I go back and forth with A&D. To tell you the truth, I like the A&D better. It tends to protect those bits :-) better and for longer, plus I just slap it directly on parts and not on the chamois.

N~
Quote Reply
Re: Assos chamois cream and other... [trichicksrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I use Assos...I like the party in my pants.
That is flipping hilarious...

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without pls. I prefer plain ole BodyGlide. I get my thrills from the BF ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use assos and love it. Got some free in a raffle or I probably wouldn't have shelled out the bucks for it. Now I love it. The tingling doesn't bother me. I would caution new users not to put it on anything that you don't want to tingle! I tried other shammy creams and this is the first one that works for me. I don't know if the whoopee has anything to do with it working so well for me.

Just used it for ride the rockies and I'm pretty sure it's what got me through. Shammied up in the morning and then brought a ziploc bag with assos in it to re-shammy on the longer rides. I just put it on the parts that tend to have friction directly (vs putting it on the entire chamois).

I do wish it came in a tube for sanitary reasons. I'm always careful to wash my hands first, but that's not always available.
Quote Reply

Prev Next