Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

After XS
Quote | Reply
Ok, the sad day has come when my XS running bras are getting too loose. I am not that petite but apparently I am now smaller up top than the average runner :(

I like my running bras to be really tight (like, I can't breath when I first put them on, tight). Any suggestions on brands that run small? Running braless is not an option.... I still need a bra, just one that's tight enough to support.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
junior's section?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
junior's section?

Hmmm, maybe I'll try that. I don't know if they will have anything in technical fabric though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm really small too, and this is the best sports bra ever. I wear the XS and it's very snug. A small would probably fit me just fine. The straps lay very flat and are adjustable, which is important if you have narrow shoulders. they have a version that doesn't have the racerback; but get the racerback. it's perfect! it looks like they are only $22 on here now, which is a steal. I think I paid $45-50 for the first one i got.

http://www.patagonia.com/...US&p=32280-1-632
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sister and I are both extremely narrow around the ribcage, which means very small sports bras. I'm 5'10" so it's not too bad for me but she's super short, so proportionally even smaller, and has the same issue. She's had success with Lululemon. They have a vast array of styles and sizes and while they aren't cheap their stuff lasts a very long time so it's worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm really small too, and this is the best sports bra ever. I wear the XS and it's very snug. A small would probably fit me just fine. The straps lay very flat and are adjustable, which is important if you have narrow shoulders. they have a version that doesn't have the racerback; but get the racerback. it's perfect! it looks like they are only $22 on here now, which is a steal. I think I paid $45-50 for the first one i got.

http://www.patagonia.com/...US&p=32280-1-632

I really like that one! Thanks!

btw, do you know your measurement around your rib cage (ie below the bust)? I'm about 27.5" there. Ironically, I think the reason my bras are getting loose is that I have finally lost fat off of my back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
according to the very unscientific measurement i just took with my iphone headphone cord and a schaedler ruler, 28.25". but, that is totally dependent on whether my lungs are full or not!
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What brand of bra are you coming from? I've found Moving Comfort makes smaller bra's to fit XS women, and they are great bra's IMO.

http://www.BikeShopGirl.com - Helping women find their way in cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
junior's section?

Hmmm, maybe I'll try that. I don't know if they will have anything in technical fabric though.

Target kids section has technical stuff. I wear an S or XS in the C9 (adult size) sports bras but I can wear an XL in kiddie technical stuff like shorts or tops. I'm pretty sure I've seen bras in the kids secion. Sometimes I pick up tank tops/camis etc too. Their sizing runs GIGANTIC cos I am far from tiny.
Last edited by: vmandel: Mar 11, 10 15:36
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [BikeShopGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What brand of bra are you coming from? I've found Moving Comfort makes smaller bra's to fit XS women, and they are great bra's IMO.

I'm in Canada, so the two that I'm down to are house-brand from the Running Room store.

I will be in the US next week, so will look for that brand. Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [vmandel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Target kids section has technical stuff. I wear an S or XS in the C9 (adult size) sports bras but I can wear an XL in kiddie technical stuff like shorts or tops. I'm pretty sure I've seen bras in the kids secion. Sometimes I pick up tank tops/camis etc too. Their sizing runs GIGANTIC cos I am far from tiny.

That's a great idea! I'll be stateside soon, so will try that out. Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This place has walls of bras and their catalogs are good too. If you are close to one of their brick and mortar locations, I encourage you to go in.

http://www.titlenine.com/...e=PMDT9&kwid=PMD

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about Sugoi? I think their stuff runs a little small. I love the quality. Almost all my training clothes are Sugoi and all the stuff I love is definitely Sugoi.
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [Bamboo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't think sugoi runs small enough - i love their gear, too, and at 5'8" with a fairly large frame i wear a small in their stuff. unless their XS jumps down a huge amount in size from the small, it'd be too big to fit the way cassie wants (i've met her, so i know her approximate comparative size).

cheers!

-mistress k

Last edited by: mistressk: Mar 12, 10 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find De Soto runs very small.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moving Comfort is available in Canada. In fact, they are hosting a bra fit clinic at the local store here (Vancouver Island) next week. They make great clothes. They are based out of Seattle, along with Brooks so perhaps they are easier to find in the west.

Personally, I don't shop at the Running Room, ever. Their business practices are unethical and I'd prefer to spend my $ elsewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: After XS [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto here, I wear a S Sugoi bra and I am not small. My biggest problem is the over the shoulder length - I am short on the torso length so a lot of bras ride too low for my liking. So thx, L, for the patagonia suggestion, I'll have to check that one out too.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to second the Target girls sports bras. I own about 12 of them now.

I have a below the rib cage measurement of a whopping 26" so I have a real hard time finding small enough bras. I have a great XS Nike one from about 8 years ago... but they seem to have gotten bigger over the years and are way too expensive for me as well (I mean 40 US bucks for a bra!)...

Anyway, the Target bras come in black, white, blue, pink, purple, and teal. These are the Camisole ones not the Cami (there is a difference but you can tell by looking at them in the store). There are usually different color choices in the stores too. I'll go in one day and all they'll have are white but I'll go in another that has purple and teal. Right now they are $5.58 (US) on the Target website. You can't beat that even if you don't end up liking it. One word of caution... Buy a size Small... no I'm not kidding... a girls Small. I actually took a Medium and a Large into the dressing room and they were both HUGE! I hardly believed it. The Small fits like a glove. And if you buy them in the store they are only $7.99 so you really can't go wrong...

Here's the link to the online ones... http://www.target.com/...07O/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1

and

http://www.target.com/...5MK/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_1
Quote Reply