Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A shout-out from your ST friends in Oz
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to say that I hope you are all okay after the terrible hurricane that slammed into your East Coast. We had massive coverage of it in Australia and I watched the aftermath with great sadness and much pity. I live in an area of Australia that is prone to cyclones, so am very aware of the havoc and destruction they wreak!!! I hope you and your families are all ok. My warmest thoughts are with you all.
Quote Reply
Re: A shout-out from your ST friends in Oz [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wife and I visited Townsville/Magnetic Island in 2008 (we were in Oz because she was doing the ITU long course in Canberra). I fell in love with the Townsville area and said to her "why aren't we living here". That question was answered a few months later when the cyclone ripped through that area.
Quote Reply
Re: A shout-out from your ST friends in Oz [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So nice of you to send your "shout out". I don't live anywhere close to the hurricane, but I have friends who are in the thick of it. What a mess!

Where do you live? I was born in Melbourne and have family in Adelaide. I'm making my first trip back to Australia in 20 years next Christmas with my kids and husband...super excited to see it again and to get in some nice warm weather training in December!

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: A shout-out from your ST friends in Oz [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luckyto tri, I live in a small coastal city a few hours north of Brisbane. I hope you enjoy your holiday home. :)
Quote Reply