Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

30 years of pregnant marathoning article + study
Quote | Reply
Here's a link to a cool article I found talking about women marathon and half marathoners continuing to race. There's also an email at the bottom- the woman wants to create a database of women who have raced during pregnancy- how they did, felt, etc.

http://ubermotherrunner.com/...-history-and-safety/

I know everyone is different during pregnancy and the author is NOT encouraging women runners to do marathons while pregnant, she is just saying that it shouldn't be discouraged because there is little evidence that it is actually bad for you.
Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of pregnant marathoning article + study [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But that fall, I got pregnant again. I ran 6 marathons during that pregnancy and gave birth to a healthy boy at 39 weeks. I ran the first marathon just 3 weeks pregnant (before the pregnancy test turned positive) and I was noticeably winded compared to my most recent marathon. My last pregnant marathon was the Copenhagen Marathon at 30 weeks pregnant, which I ran in 4:54.

Really interesting.

Must be an ultrarunner...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 30 years of pregnant marathoning article + study [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I think the author is an ultrarunner. She mentions doing a 50 miler while pregnant.

I think she's kind of nuts, but I really enjoyed her perspective. Not many people would/should/can do 6 marathons in a 9 month span (regardless of pregnancy), but she did, and she doesn't think it's too big of a deal! I like her honesty and pioneering approach, by wanting to create a database.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crazy...I was running till about 25weeks, max 10k though. My issue is having to pee every 10 minutes, not comfortable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great article. I wish I could still run right now. I'm 25 weeks along and it just winds me.
Quote Reply