Prev Next
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Dec 2, 16 8:30
Re: 2017 Race Plans [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've planned out the big races:

3/4 -- Myrtle Beach Marathon

7/30 -- Ohio 70.3

8/30(?) -- Michigan Titanium Full Aquabike (Big Day for IMCHOO)

9/24 -- IMCHOO

I might throw the Cleveland 1/2-marathon in May in there. My husband is talking about doing it, and he's never run anything more than a 10K. So I might do that with him.

There are a lot of races up here in Northeast Ohio -- many more than along the Gulf Coast! I'm pretty sure I'll do some other smaller races around here during the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation! I just checked it out. Looks like a fun race. Keeping it on my radar until I settle on final schedule.

So far, my race schedule is shaping up to be:

3/26 March Triathlon Series OLY (Cayucos, CA)

4/1 Montana de Oro 25k Trail Run (Los Osos, CA)

5/13 LA Tri Series OLY (San Dimas, CA)
or
5/21 Auburn OLY (Auburn, CA)

7/8 June Lake OLY (June Lake, CA)
followed by 7 day backpacking in East Sierras

7/23 SLO Tri Sprint (hometown race)

8/27 Lake Tahoe 70.3

9/8-10 (?) Graniteman 3 day 2.4/102/12.4

10/15-18 (?) Trailfest (Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion) Trail Runs

12/10 Spooner's Cove 25k Trail Run (Los Osos, CA)

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Last edited by: SLOgoing: Dec 5, 16 6:22
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing, sounds like a great season. I did MTS last year and froze my behind off.

Maybe I'll join you up there or at Montana De Oro!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dec 10th Tucson 1/2 marathon
April 1 Oceanside IM 70.3
May 13 Santa Rosa IM 70.3
July 8th Death Ride Tour of the California Alps
July 30th Canada IM 140.6
And after that not too sure! See how it goes!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [kells] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kells wrote:

Thanks for posting all the links! Those races look awesome. This is a bit of a weird year for me with family (just married) and job changes (and a potential cross-country move), but for now it looks like this:

December 5 - North Face Challenge trail half-marathon (maybe)

January 28 - TOC mile (1500 SCM pool swim - I do this every year). My goal was to break 20:00 in 2017 but that isn't happening this year with the new hardware in my clavicle.

April 6? - Napa HITS triathlon. I had a good time last year.

May 2 - Philly Broad Street Run (10 miles) - LOVE this race.

August 11/12? - Donner Lake 2.7 mile swim and the Reno 10 miler (also a yearly thing for me)

Other possibilities
- As many open water races as I can fit into my schedule here in CA, plus a few on the East Coast would be awesome
- Modesto marathon in March - I want to try for a BQ and this looks like a good time and place to do it. That said, I hate marathon training.
- IM in 2018 probably
- I'd also really like to break 20:00 in a 5K, but that will take a small miracle

kells, if you'd like some references for races accessible from Philly, I'm happy to help. Not sure what distance or time frame you'd like given time spent in CA. Good choices from sprint through half tri, and shorter to longer challenging du. Wait - maybe you're already on the AmZof thread...? That's the only race i'm registered for at this point.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your Roth spot. Have 2 American friends who did this and thoroughly enjoyed it.
:-)

Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've also paired iron distance AB with subsequent full. Love that combo.

Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the first time I've been within easy traveling distance of a full aquabike that works with my IM. Treating as my first big day, with lessons learned for a second big day a few weeks later. Looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OH MY!!! Some training buddies talked me into signing up for my first full IM. I'm so excited and freaked out at the same time! I had planned on three 70.3s next year including New Orleans which is on October 22nd. I'm now officially signed up for IM Florida only 2 weeks later. I'll probably use New Orleans as a training day to make sure that I can recover in time for the full. We'll see what coach recommends for that. I'm glad I signed up when I did, because if I had kept on thinking about it, I would have freaked myself out and not signed up. I'm a ball of nerves and the race is almost a whole year away! I'm trying to just keep focused on Puerto Rico first and think about Florida later.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Race Plans [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'll be great! I did Gulf Coast a week before IMTX this past year -- swam and rode like a half, then took the run REALLY easy. I wasn't in the best shape, so didn't need a tremendous taper, but I liked this setup a lot! Fully recovered by Tuesday or Wednesday, felt great, and my confidence got a huge boost.
Quote Reply

Prev Next