Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Charity Ride! with Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler (San Francisco)
Quote | Reply
20 Years is Worth $20,000

Hi, I'm Thomas. 20 years ago I was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I was lucky - the treatment was successful, and I've been able to do a lot in the ensuing years (including triathlons, natch). To celebrate these 20 years, I've committed to raising $20,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, whose work funds research and patient care for blood cancer patients and their families.

Performance Cycling Class & Charity Ride with Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler

On June 18, we will be holding a special fundraising workout focusing on how to attain maximum performance in both your training and racing. In this small-group setting, you will get constant feedback on your skills while being led through a rigorous workout routine designed to highlight everything from hill climbs to fast-cadence power to Ironman-style steady state work.

Hosted in downtown San Francisco by VeloSF (http://www.velosf.com/), this is more than “spin class”. You ride your own bike on a CompuTrainer - so your experience relates directly to the road. We use power - watts-based - training, allowing you to dial-in the resistance and simulate outdoor riding while pushing your limits in a controlled environment.

Our instructor along the way will be Meredith Kessler, 2010 Ironman Canada Champion. As an instructor at VeloSF and professional triathlete, she is uniquely qualified to show you how to attain maximum performance on the bike. And she’ll make you work for it - this is no slouch of an experience. It’s a full-on workout, ideal if you are training for a race in 2011 and looking to make more out of your training and racing experiences.

Your $150 registration donation goes directly to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and is tax deductible.

$20,000 wont cure cancer, but together we can make a hell of a difference.

More information and registration at: http://www.20years20k.com/performance-cycling/

Thanks to you all.

-thomas
thomas@20years20k.com
Last edited by: t-awesome: Jun 7, 11 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser! Cycling Class with Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler (San Francisco) [t-awesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Worth mentioning that it is in San Francisco. Good luck with the fund raising.
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser! Cycling Class with Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler (San Francisco) [t-awesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a great cause - with a great way to raise funds (Not just, "give me some money.")

Good on you.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it is worth Meredith is one of the nicest, giving and caring triathletes. Disclosure; I am not a relative to her or affiliated with this cause.
Quote Reply
Re: Fundraiser! Cycling Class with Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler (San Francisco) [forzagto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only is she super nice, she is an amazing teacher. I take her regular classes at velo sf and i have learned so much from her. This event will be an awesome experience for anyone wanting to improve their skill--and for a good cause!
Quote Reply
Re: Charity Ride! with Ironman Champion Meredith Kessler (San Francisco) [t-awesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come join us! We are really excited for this fantastic event THIS weekend here in San Francisco at Velo SF Cycling Studio starting @ 11:30 am on Saturday, June 18. Please spread the word as we would LOVE for anyone to be a part of this amazing afternoon. CELEBRATING 20 years cancer free for 20k = makes anyone feel great about contributing and/or being a part of it all with wonderful people. We'll cycle our tails off for this first class event and we'll pedal our way to a great day for an unforgettable cause. For more info go to: http://www.20years20k.com. I hope to see you there! Thank you in advance! All the best, MBK
Quote Reply