Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

rotator cuff tear
Quote | Reply
Not sure how you tear a rotator cuff rolling over in bed but I did. At least that's what the doc thinks is wrong with my shoulder, have MRI scheduled next week.

Anyone ever had this problem, how is treatment and recovery?


This is a pain in the ass injury, I need my arm to do shit.
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Not sure how you tear a rotator cuff rolling over in bed but I did. At least that's what the doc thinks is wrong with my shoulder, have MRI scheduled next week.

Anyone ever had this problem, how is treatment and recovery?


This is a pain in the ass injury, I need my arm to do shit.

Treatment was either surgery or rehab and surgery if I needed it later (I still haven't needed it). Throwing motion is pretty much a no no still.
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my daughter tore her labrum when she was 15. she was a swimmer. it sucked. she had to have surgery then rehab. it was incredibly painful. she had her arm in a pillow sling for 8 weeks.

hope you dont have to go through that.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Not sure how you tear a rotator cuff rolling over in bed but I did. At least that's what the doc thinks is wrong with my shoulder, have MRI scheduled next week.

Anyone ever had this problem, how is treatment and recovery?


This is a pain in the ass injury, I need my arm to do shit.

Everyone needs a free hand to hold a Twinkie while watching porn.

I had a micro tear from slamming sideways into a car on a training ride back in the early '90's. While that ride home hurt, it was the following weeks that it would remind me "hey, I'm still here". I don't remember having an MRI back then, because I had an orthopedic doc client who was big into cycling that made the diagnosis. Because it was micro, he said there really wasn't much he or I could do (surgery or rehab). Eventually, it healed, but not after a week of restless sleep (happened on side I like to sleep) and a few painful training rides.
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too many variables, starting with if it's torn and how big the tear is to make much of a prognosis.
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
my daughter tore her labrum when she was 15. she was a swimmer. it sucked. she had to have surgery then rehab. it was incredibly painful. she had her arm in a pillow sling for 8 weeks.

hope you dont have to go through that.

Was she the butterfly expert on her team or was it an injury from too much front crawl? I ask because I am a former swimmer, had my left labrum stitched back together last year, and am a bit cautious about getting back into really big swim sets.

-------------
"Life is fragile - we are all just a slip or a car crash away from being a very different person."
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [drew_235] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drew_235 wrote:
veganerd wrote:
my daughter tore her labrum when she was 15. she was a swimmer. it sucked. she had to have surgery then rehab. it was incredibly painful. she had her arm in a pillow sling for 8 weeks.

hope you dont have to go through that.

Was she the butterfly expert on her team or was it an injury from too much front crawl? I ask because I am a former swimmer, had my left labrum stitched back together last year, and am a bit cautious about getting back into really big swim sets.

front crawl/freestyle. she was swimming ij practice ine day and felt it pop. she said it hurt but she didnt make a huge deal out if it and she had a tendency to exaggerate pain from time to time so we didnt take it seriously for a couple days before bringing her to get it checked out. it became clear to her dr really quickly and the mri confirmed the tear.

her surgery went so well and had such clear pictures that the surgeon asked to use her case to present at conferences. she thought that was cool.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: rotator cuff tear [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a partial tear(had MRI) back when I was just starting Tris. No surgery but a lot of therapy and Advil. After the inflammation went away we mostly concentrated on strengthening the muscles to support the area. They didn't let me swim for a couple months but then said it would be good for me. Did a 1/2 iron about 4 months later and been swimming ever since. I sometimes get a little soreness there but that just reminds me to do some shoulder exercises.

At first I couldn't lift my arm above 90 degrees with out severe pain. Also, happened during a bike accident.


_______________________________________________________
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Quote Reply