Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Why are we selling F-52s to Norway?
Quote | Reply
Quote:
“In November we started delivering the first F-52s and F-35 fighter jets,” Trump said.

Do we even have them in our own fleet yet? Who even built them?

Why Norway?

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So they can fight off the rooskies when they try to invade
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Quote:
“In November we started delivering the first F-52s and F-35 fighter jets,” Trump said.


Do we even have them in our own fleet yet? Who even built them?

Why Norway?

Trump is a businessman and dealmaker of the highest order. He can sell F-52's like they're hotcakes, no problem.

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL. My son will be disappointed if they start disappearing out of his call of duty game.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F-52? These must be those super-secret, totally invisible planes. Much better than those #FAKEinvisible F-22s and F-35s.

How is everyone in the USA not completely panicked that such an incompetent moron is in charge of the military, economy and foreign policy?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is everyone in the USA not completely panicked that such an incompetent moron is in charge of the military, economy and foreign policy?

Because Trump's not really in charge. Thank God for checks and balances.


You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
How is everyone in the USA not completely panicked that such an incompetent moron is in charge of the military, economy and foreign policy?

Because Trump's not really in charge. Thank God for checks and balances.



____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because he misspoke and said f-52 when it was supposed to be 52 f-35s? If I had a microphone to my face 24/7 Thered be a lot I said wrong too. This is what amazes me he does remarkably stupid stuff non-stop. Stuff that the left could actually beat the hell out of him for. But instead they blow up sound bites and spend the whole day talking about them. He’s an idiot, but no I’m not worried about the stability of the world because of one incompetent president. Depending on what side of the aisle you’re on we’ve had a few pretty bad ones.

You can look at the Wars initiated under Bush 2 has having a more significant world wide impact than anything Trump has done so far. Also given the rhetoric between him and Kim, the number of times he could have initiated something is pretty high but he still hasn’t jumped the gun militarily which makes me think he is listening to his advisors militarily, and just tweeting like a high school trying to look macho.

-----------------------------------------------------------
De Soto Sport Athlete
Formerly Draketriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because if you read the wapo article, it is likely the paper he was reading from had said 52 F35s or something like that and he simply mis-read it. Maybe you staunch anti-trumpers should relax and take a break from all your hatred for awhile and see this for what it is.. a comical mistake when he read his speech.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, this particular instance is just a gaffe. He still should know that there isn't actually an f-52, but really just a gaffe. We can still have fun with it though...

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
see this for what it is.. a comical mistake when he read his speech.

You think?

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know ;o)
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
F-52? These must be those super-secret, totally invisible planes. Much better than those #FAKEinvisible F-22s and F-35s.

How is everyone in the USA not completely panicked that such an incompetent moron is in charge of the military, economy and foreign policy?

He's just having a senior moment (it couldn't be anything else) and he mixed up B-52's and F-22's. Guess it's easy to mix up a 70-year old bomber with a 10-year old fighter, even if you're the commander in chief. (Then again, we haven't sold F-22's to anyone. And would he recognize an F-22, much less know what they can do, if one was parked in front of Trump Tower?)



Maybe he was thinking about a successor to the P-51 Mustang, the Bell P-52?


The fact that the P-52 was cancelled (in 1940) before any were built would make him the biggliest salesperson ever.



Some say "I can". Others say "I can't". Both manage to be correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I will take more of the same. An incoherent tweet here and there -- with solid policies going forward --- beats an articulate leftie like Obama [although his corpsman gaffe still bothers me] On the economy, border security, immigration and foreign policy -- this administration's policies are generally productive and sound. I may dislike the man Trump and his plainly dysfunctional personality, but at the end of his administration America and probably the world will be better off. Ultimately, America had a binary choice in the last election, time will prove we made the right choice. So, go set your hair on fire and enjoy the gains in your 401k. If you are not American -- go vote for an articulate socialist to distribute your income "fairly" and don't worry about America. We will be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a gaffe. He meant to say B-52s, the same beast that he piloted during the Vietnam War.

From a Stars & Stripes article dated Feb 9, 1968...

"During the Tet Offensive and operations around Hue, young Lt. Donald J Trump personally commandeered a refueling B-52 on the tarmac to support fellow Americans fighting off the pesky NVA and VC. Without another soul aboard the aircraft, Lt Trump managed to fly, navigate, and deliver his payload on the Hue Citadel saving a battalion of grateful Marines. During that time Lt Trump also fast roped down the moving B-52 to pluck the most seriously wounded Marines and a handful of Vietnamese orphans. For his heroism in combat Lt Trump was awarded the prestigious Silver Star medal and the cover of Time magazine."
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess because we have them for sale. Here's a piece from 2014 that gives some numbers, including the 52 for Noway:
-
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lockheed-martin-canada-f35-orders/the-11-countries-expected-to-buy-f-35-fighter-jet-idUSKBN0EG2XD20140606
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
there isn't actually an f-52

i don't know anything about that. but if he sells them AR 92s, that will really cheese me off.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
I guess because we have them for sale. Here's a piece from 2014 that gives some numbers, including the 52 for Noway:
-
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lockheed-martin-canada-f35-orders/the-11-countries-expected-to-buy-f-35-fighter-jet-idUSKBN0EG2XD20140606

Where does that piece mention F-52s?
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look. Up there. Way up high.

See that?? That's the joke.

dave_w wrote:
I guess because we have them for sale. Here's a piece from 2014 that gives some numbers, including the 52 for Noway:
-
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-lockheed-martin-canada-f35-orders/the-11-countries-expected-to-buy-f-35-fighter-jet-idUSKBN0EG2XD20140606

____________________________________
Swimming Workout of the Day: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5784860#5784860;
Favourite Swim Sets: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...m.cgi?;post=5004659;
Winner of the 2017 50 fly east coast Smackdown. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6294538#p6294538
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Lagerhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagerhead wrote:
An incoherent tweet here and there -- with solid policies going forward --- We will be fine.

So he's some sort of idiot savant? Too dumb to communicate at a grade 12 level but posesses some sort of brilliant political mind that will make America great again?
You can't be so deluded as to beleive that?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
F-52? These must be those super-secret, totally invisible planes. Much better than those #FAKEinvisible F-22s and F-35s.

How is everyone in the USA not completely panicked that such an incompetent moron is in charge of the military, economy and foreign policy?

Because we are too busy laughing our f'ing asses off reading comments by hyperventilating lefties parsing out every single word he says. It's obvious he confused the designation of the plane with the number of planes and simply misspoke.

Even the OP didn't know what the airplane type was.

Shit. You guys are hilarious.

Greg
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:

Because we are too busy laughing our f'ing asses off reading comments by hyperventilating lefties parsing out every single word he says.


Take a few deep breaths, we're just having some fun here. It'll be OK.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
F-52? These must be those super-secret, totally invisible planes. Much better than those #FAKEinvisible F-22s and F-35s.

How is everyone in the USA not completely panicked that such an incompetent moron is in charge of the military, economy and foreign policy?

Because we are too busy laughing our f'ing asses off reading comments by hyperventilating lefties parsing out every single word he says. It's obvious he confused the designation of the plane with the number of planes and simply misspoke.

Even the OP didn't know what the airplane type was.

Shit. You guys are hilarious.

Greg

He seems to be mis-speaking quite often. And mis-singing. And mis-typing. And mis-understood. The guy looked flat out exhausted at the super bowl. But hey, at least we weren't born into a shithole country. This #MAGA slogan is making more and more sense every day. Not so hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Maybe you staunch anti-trumpers should relax and take a break from all your hatred for awhile and see this for what it is.. a comical mistake when he read his speech.


Taking this thread off-topic, but there were two Trump things today that should have Trump supporters worried.

First, was when he tweeted this morning during Fox & Friends an apparent attack on the re-authorization of the NSA wiretapping bill. Then reversed himself a few hours later and supported it.

The second was the description of the immigration negotiations. Several accounts say that Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Dick Durbin (D-IL), immigration moderates, were going to meet privately with the President. But that somehow hardliners Goodlatte (R-VA) and Cotton (R-AR) got wind of it and crashed the meeting. And the moderate compromise that appear to be on track got derailed.

This all seems to confirm the Wolfe book: Trump sways in the breeze, and there's a constant competition to be manipulate him to a desired agenda. The immigration hardliners have handlers looking after him constantly to prevent him from being co-opted by the moderates. The national security mainstreamers have to distract him from Fox & Friends to get him back on their program.

Trump appears to have absolutely no ideological (or ethical) compass whatsoever. He takes the position of whomever got to him last.

The "Trump base" allegedly voted for him because he would control the "Republican elite." But with respect to, say, the NSA vote, the mainstream Republican elite (and Pelosi herself) got him right back on message when they needed him to. It can't be encouraging.
Quote Reply
Re: Why are we selling F-52s to Norway? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:


Why Norway?

Who are we going to sell them to; some shithole country?
Quote Reply

Prev Next