Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
USA Out of World Cup
Quote | Reply
Ouch

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic. Utterly pathetic. Unfathomable. We just lost to Trinidand & Tobago.

Trinidad ... and ... Tobago.

Ridiculous.

They were 8-1 underdogs at home. They were last of the group.

Absolutely embarrassing. They are shameful. Pitiful. Beyond words.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i support a public execution
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
i support a public execution

That’s a bit harsh. I think 10 years of hard labor in a gulag will suffice.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
windywave wrote:
i support a public execution

That’s a bit harsh. I think 10 years of hard labor in a gulag will suffice.

Why are you such a softie?
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arena should step down.

Gut the whole team. Pulisic is the only guaranteed left over.

Howard out. Guzan out. Besler, Gonzalez, Altidore, Wood, Beasley, Wondolowski, Cameron, Zusi, Bedoya. Out.

All of them. Is there anyone I missed?

This is a 12 year setback. At least.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, no excuse to lose to Trinidad & Tobago. People can say that they got robbed on the winning goal call but they should never have been in that position in the first place. Worst case scenario came true with both Panama and Honduras winning.

On the flip side Iceland is in, proving their run in the 2016 Euro was no fluke. Would love to watch a WC game in Reykjavik.



"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clear out the rot from the top down too.

Sunil Gulati. GTFOH.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fucking pisse

I shall root for the Republic instead

Someone needs to be killed
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no words. Can we somehow blame this on Trump or Obama?

I guess what frightens me is during the last 20 (and most of the game) they played with zero drive. It looked like complete apathy. I never really bought into the line that this generation is the first generation that has been pampered going through the Academy systems that popped up to create better players. And, as a result, they don't play with old-school USA grit.

So now we still have inferior players. But, these inferior players don't know how to win ugly.

On the positive for me, Dempsey will be put to pasture. If I was him I'd do the classy thing and retire without breaking Lando's record in some garbage friendly against Vatican City where they win 8-0 (er...I guess it might only be 1-0 for this team against Vatican City).
Last edited by: DJRed: Oct 10, 17 19:26
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck it. Put Jill Ellis in charge of the men's team, like, right fucking now.

Scrimmage the fucking women's national team until these shitbags learn how to win. What a fucking embarrassment. It's unreal.

At least a 12 year fucking setback. Once you clear out the team, you bring in all new faces, you may qualify for the 2022 WC. Getting out of the group may not happen. Just getting there will be an achievement. Then cycle through to 2026. Hopefully, the team is more mature. Maybe more talent. We'd be a real darkhorse to get to the QFs. Cycle through that to 2030. Maybe, maybe then we're back to a point where we have an experienced and talented group that we could say, "OK - we really should be focusing on getting to at least the semis." By 2030, our one bonafide star, Pulisic, will be near 30. Past his prime.

Fucking shit show.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And while we're at it...

Continue the fucking scorched earth policy with the fucking U.S. pundits.

Taylor Twellman ... S H U T T H E F U C K UP. YOU'RE A DOUCHE!!! You're making Alexi Lalas look good.

Lalas ... just turn the cameras off now.

Bob Ley ... bye.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, way to go Bruce Arena ... you fucking genius ... yeah, I can imagine France, Spain, Germany ... fuck it, at this rate, even Iceland ... yeah, I can imagine any of those teams traveling to Panama, Costa Rica, and an empty stadium on a tiny island and have a difficult time qualifying for the WC. jackass.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We should be paying the USWNT more than the men. If ever there has been a case of being compensated based on merit, then what the fuck are we doing??? If they're not getting paid equally right now, then fucking get rid of the entire hierarchy of USSF. Fucking pay them more. A LOT MORE. USMNT needs to be shamed. Publicly. GET. THE. FUCKING. MEMO.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuck it. I'm glad we're not going. I'm glad we didn't even qualify for the playoff spot. They may have gone on to be an even bigger embarrassment.

We want to to talk about NFL players kneeling and insulting the flag. Fuck that. This is an absolute disgrace to the U.S., our flag, first responders, the troops, the Constitution, the fucking Bill of Rights, our freedoms, our so-called greatness.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Agree, no excuse to lose to Trinidad & Tobago. People can say that they got robbed on the winning goal call but they should never have been in that position in the first place. Worst case scenario came true with both Panama and Honduras winning.

On the flip side Iceland is in, proving their run in the 2016 Euro was no fluke. Would love to watch a WC game in Reykjavik.

They're in because their players play in Europe. MLS is not a high quality league.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
And while we're at it...

Continue the fucking scorched earth policy with the fucking U.S. pundits.

Taylor Twellman ... S H U T T H E F U C K UP. YOU'RE A DOUCHE!!! You're making Alexi Lalas look good.

Lalas ... just turn the cameras off now.

Bob Ley ... bye.

So true. Lalas is a dick.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Switch it around right fucking now. It should never have even been unequal to begin with. Fuck equal. Pay the women more. Pay them a lot more. I don't give a fuck if Alex Morgan goes to every Disney park on earth, gets drunk, and pukes on Mickey Mouse. If she puts the ball in the back of the fucking net and wins the WC, then pay her.



Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, the greatest player to ever play the game scores a hatrick and carries Argentina to Russia next year.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading some FB posts from T&T fans talking smack about being taken for granted and the USA staying home and watching the Cup with them.

Somebody responded: "But after all that, you still live in T&T and you'll probably be eaten by a tiger tomorrow."

I love the internet.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Switch it around right fucking now. It should never have even been unequal to begin with. Fuck equal. Pay the women more. Pay them a lot more. I don't give a fuck if Alex Morgan goes to every Disney park on earth, gets drunk, and pukes on Mickey Mouse. If she puts the ball in the back of the fucking net and wins the WC, then pay her.


The problem is USA women struggle to sellout small venues and the men draw larger crowds (plus the inevitable fans of the country we are playing). TV viewership and revenue are even worse.

Less money in means less money out.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the bright side it should make it easier for Australia's Socceroos to qualify. :)
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at the bright side. At least we won't have to play the Syrians in a playoff.



Some say "I can". Others say "I can't". Both manage to be correct.
Quote Reply
Re: USA Out of World Cup [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Fuck it. I'm glad we're not going. I'm glad we didn't even qualify for the playoff spot. They may have gone on to be an even bigger embarrassment.

We want to to talk about NFL players kneeling and insulting the flag. Fuck that. This is an absolute disgrace to the U.S., our flag, first responders, the troops, the Constitution, the fucking Bill of Rights, our freedoms, our so-called greatness.

Just think if you were Dutch, you'd have a real reason to complain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next