Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The beginning of the end for Mugabe?
Quote | Reply
Explosions in Harare and soldiers take over state broadcaster in Zimbabwe. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...abwe-capital-harare/ Good to see him go but who knows what will replace him.

Life is full of froth and trouble, two things stand in stone
Kindness in another's troubles, courage in one's own
Last edited by: len: Nov 14, 17 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
93 god damned years old, a bit of patience would have been a bit more prudent.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't call it over yet. Mugabe is like a freaking cockroach.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what would be worse. Mugabe's wife taking over or the military.

It's shocking that a country in Africa could have so many problems.

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the army senses that Mugabe is on his way out and this is a preventative measure to insure what Mugabe and army did stays buried.

Ad Muncher
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I wouldn't call it over yet. Mugabe is like a freaking cockroach.

Yes he is. How he lived this long just proves he sold his soul to the devil.

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
93 god damned years old, a bit of patience would have been a bit more prudent.

Not really as they’re clearing the way for Grace Mugabe. The military were loyal to the VP, who fled after being accused of treason along with anyone else who posed a threat to the transfer of power to a Grace.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [JerseyBigfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Not really as they’re clearing the way for Grace Mugabe. The military were loyal to the VP, who fled after being accused of treason along with anyone else who posed a threat to the transfer of power to a Grace.
This. I'm not really following lower African politics too closely but by all accounts Mugabe's government raped the nation's future and it was not looking like they had any intentions to change course. Best thing, possibly, would be that the military puts the deposed VP back in charge with a mandate to put together an effective government, and then they stand down except as necessary to keep the Mugabe groupies at bay.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Explosions in Harare and soldiers take over state broadcaster in Zimbabwe. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...abwe-capital-harare/ Good to see him go but who knows what will replace him.

Robert Mugabe is completely the fault of Jimmy Carter. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Both he and his wife have been "detained," which is a bad position for a dictator to be in. They could end up like Romania's Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife, in fact.
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [Big Endian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Endian wrote:
JerseyBigfoot wrote:
Not really as they’re clearing the way for Grace Mugabe. The military were loyal to the VP, who fled after being accused of treason along with anyone else who posed a threat to the transfer of power to a Grace.

This. I'm not really following lower African politics too closely but by all accounts Mugabe's government raped the nation's future and it was not looking like they had any intentions to change course. Best thing, possibly, would be that the military puts the deposed VP back in charge with a mandate to put together an effective government, and then they stand down except as necessary to keep the Mugabe groupies at bay.

How many military coups in Africa ever stand down after installing their favored choice? Hopefully, they do, but most hang around "for the good of the country" for some time.

At any rate, Mugabe was a vile creature who hung on way too long. See ya, and I wouldn't wanna be ya. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
len wrote:
Explosions in Harare and soldiers take over state broadcaster in Zimbabwe. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...abwe-capital-harare/ Good to see him go but who knows what will replace him.


Robert Mugabe is completely the fault of Jimmy Carter. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Both he and his wife have been "detained," which is a bad position for a dictator to be in. They could end up like Romania's Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife, in fact.

Ha ha yeah I read "detained" and thought the same thing. Being detained in a woodchipper...
Quote Reply
Re: The beginning of the end for Mugabe? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/18/africa/zimbabwe-anti-mugabe-rally/index.html People are now rallying in the streets for him to go.






Life is full of froth and trouble, two things stand in stone
Kindness in another's troubles, courage in one's own
Last edited by: len: Nov 18, 17 4:51
Quote Reply