Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally?
Quote | Reply
Which may or may not Be organized by Spike Lee. Not sure what he wants to accomplish by this.
http://www.rollingstone.com/...n-kaepernick-w496615

I really just wish the season would start and he would fade into obscurity. he could' still be playing but he turned down the player option for millions of dollars.
Last edited by: justgeorge: Aug 8, 17 20:43
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You wait. Once he signs, and plays, he's going to unleash a can of fire and fury.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He will be huuuuge! The best ever!
Last edited by: justgeorge: Aug 8, 17 21:19
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who's this Kaepernak dude? Isn't Spike Lee kneeling together with Kapernick?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
You wait. Once he signs, and plays, he's going to unleash a can of fire and fury.

These are serious questions.

Have you ever played organized football?

How many football games do you attend per year not in a luxury box?

How many college games a week do you watch on TV? NFL?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?

all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
You wait. Once he signs, and plays, he's going to unleash a can of fire and fury.

His only chance of fire and fury is to set his hair ablaze.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to be at that building, on that day. If I wasn't wearing a suit, I'd wear my Cutler jersey.

-Formerly TriTJ
I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?

all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.

So what is that HS college?

The rest of the questions?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 9, 17 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.

Um was that supposed to be directed at me?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.


Um was that supposed to be directed at me?

yeah! i figured if you were going to scrutinize folks' posts you'd at least have the wherewithal to offer the correct spelling of the subject of the thread.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.


Um was that supposed to be directed at me?

yeah! i figured if you were going to scrutinize folks' posts you'd at least have the wherewithal to offer the correct spelling of the subject of the thread.

Okay I'll just take that misdirection as you want to avoid admitting you don't watch football
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.


Um was that supposed to be directed at me?


yeah! i figured if you were going to scrutinize folks' posts you'd at least have the wherewithal to offer the correct spelling of the subject of the thread.


Okay I'll just take that misdirection as you want to avoid admitting you don't watch football

whatever you say, bra. i'll be interested in watching how the fans in miami react once cutler accurately and with precision delivers the ball into the arms... of cornerbacks and safeties (a particular skill he has). i suspect kaepernick's name will come up in discussion down there. perhaps we can revisit the thread 3 or 4 games into the season.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.


Um was that supposed to be directed at me?


yeah! i figured if you were going to scrutinize folks' posts you'd at least have the wherewithal to offer the correct spelling of the subject of the thread.


Okay I'll just take that misdirection as you want to avoid admitting you don't watch football

whatever you say, bra. i'll be interested in watching how the fans in miami react once cutler accurately and with precision delivers the ball into the arms... of cornerbacks and safeties (a particular skill he has). i suspect kaepernick's name will come up in discussion down there. perhaps we can revisit the thread 3 or 4 games into the season.

Okay bra so you know jack about football... Cutler had his best season in recent memory under Gase ... CK has had exactly one decent season. He's effectively the liberal version of Tebow (running QB with a burst in the playoffs but overall nothing spectacular enough to warrant the dog and pony show that accompanies him). If CK gets picked up he'll have to be in a system that can support him and I doubt he'll doing anything as impressive as you think he's capable of.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet Dan is as invested in Kaepernick as the rally organizers, who don't even know how to spell his name ...





If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.


I agree. Which is why I cannot take this rally seriously.





If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.



I agree. Which is why I cannot take this rally seriously.

i don't take it seriously either. it's an unhelpful idea (in addition to butchering his name). kaepernick is 29 going on 19. he's got a good heart, but he's got some catching up to do. better late than never.

there are 2 issues here, to me. first, on the subject of his talent, does he deserve to be on a roster? if the rumor is true he turned down an offer to play for one-eleventh the size of cutler's deal, yes, that was an insult and he should've refused it. yes, he deserves to be on a roster.

secondly, does the league forgive the sins that black people are expected to commit, are allowed to commit, while expressing your view on how black people are treated is not an acceptable sin? if you go back and read what happened to john carlos and tommy smith after the gloved fist episode, i think nothing much has changed.

as to kaepernick's ability versus cutler's ability, so far we will only be able to judge one side of that. we'll see if kap lands a job so that we can judge the other side of that.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?


all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.


So what is that HS college? The rest of the questions?

the very first think you should do, if you want to be considered seriously, is learn how to spell peoples' names. now, i know this wasn't YOUR thread. but if you're going to criticize or clean up folks' comments: kaepernick.

Funny, I think the same thing about your inability to find the CAPS key every time I read one of your posts. For the record, his name isn't spelled 'kaepernick', it's spelled 'Kaepernick'.

Just sayin'...

Greg
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
kaepernick is 29 going on 19

Bingo. Perhaps that's why coaches and owners haven't signed him

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
there are 2 issues here, to me. first, on the subject of his talent, does he deserve to be on a roster? if the rumor is true he turned down an offer to play for one-eleventh the size of cutler's deal, yes, that was an insult and he should've refused it. yes, he deserves to be on a roster.

Kaepernick was offered a back-up position and a back-up salary. The rumor (note I acknowledge it is a rumor) is that he turned down the money for "political" reasons. Cutler will be the starter on day 1. He is getting starter money. The top 10 QBs are making $21-25M this year. So, $10M for a rent-a-QB is reasonable.

http://dailycaller.com/...ay-up-the-race-card/

Reminds me of when Latrell Sprewell turned down a $21M extension with the Timberwolves b/c he "had a family to feed." He never played again. What that b/c of Sprewell's race or political stance?


Slowman wrote:
secondly, does the league forgive the sins that black people are expected to commit, are allowed to commit, while expressing your view on how black people are treated is not an acceptable sin? if you go back and read what happened to john carlos and tommy smith after the gloved fist episode, i think nothing much has changed.
Yes b/c The Shield most certainly has crucified outspoken black men like Ray Lewis, Richard Sherman, and Michael Bennett.

Then there are all the players who joint in with Kaep and, miraculously, have not been "black balled."

https://www.cbssports.com/...s-protest-in-week-1/


Slowman wrote:
as to kaepernick's ability versus cutler's ability, so far we will only be able to judge one side of that. we'll see if kap lands a job so that we can judge the other side of that.


The Miami gig was not about who had the most ability. It was about the fact that Cutler was joining his old offensive coordinator and knew the entire playbook on day 1. Why do you keep ignoring that crucial fact that everyone, but you, seem to acknowledge. Even the biggest Kaepernick supporters recognize and have acknowledged this.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
It was about the fact that Cutler was joining his old offensive coordinator and knew the entire playbook on day 1. Why do you keep ignoring that crucial fact that everyone, but you, seem to acknowledge. Even the biggest Kaepernick supporters recognize and have acknowledged this.

Cutler may know the playbook but he's still an interception machine. He'll wish he was in the Fox booth 5 games in...


Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Quote:

kaepernick is 29 going on 19


Bingo. Perhaps that's why coaches and owners haven't signed him

and that's fine! but they signed guys who beat up their girlfriends, who choked dogs to death for fun, who drive drunk, who dope. that's the problem. if you're going to not sign kaepernick for the impolitic way he talks about human rights, then don't sign (or re-sign) these other bozos.

otherwise what you're saying is either:

1. kaepernick isn't as good as [fill in the blank], but you're hearing from a lot of players in the NFL that this doesn't ring true; or,

2. kaepernick isn't the right kind of sinner and that, to me, speaks to the very issue kaepernick is (inartfully) raising. this attitude, that we expect you to beat up your girlfriend so we don't condone it but we can forgive it; but don't speak about civil rights; that speaks to what owners actually think about their black players.


Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
windywave wrote:
These are serious questions. Have you ever played organized football?

all the way until i (reluctantly) made the change to running instead of football in the fall, girlfriend.

Take that shit to the tri forum.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman, will you be attending the Kaepernak rally? [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is the RG3 rally?
Quote Reply

Prev Next