As some of you may be aware from it being mentioned in a previous thread I had started about financial/real estate questions. Our daughter had 4 seizures on 8-1 with no clue as to why, and they ran test after test with no hints at all. Because of this they discharged us on 8-3 in the evening with a prescription for zantac for reflux for our almost 3 month old daughter. She had not had any seizures and had been acting normal (except 8-4 where she slept all day), eating normal, etc. On 8-12 at about 9 AM she had a seizure with my wife while they were at a friends house. She came home, and we had talked, since the diagnosis last time and that she hadnt had any zantac since the previous night, my wife and I decided to give her some of that and see where that lead us.
Fast forward to about 1 in the afternoon and our daughter had another seizure, my wife recorded it and we remembered all the questions that were asked and got it in on the recording. (could you stop it with a little pressure, what were her eyes doing, etc). This time, it took a lot longer for her to recover, she spent about 10 minutes searching around in a daze and not focusing on anything. Obviously we immediately went to Nationwide Childrens hospital again and got checked in. When we got to see a Dr, they had pulled up our chart from last time and saw that, we showed them the video, etc. They talked to neurology and they were convinced based on the story, the timeline, the video that it was seizure activity and said they would get us up stairs for monitoring (eeg) and all of that. While we waited on a room, our daughter had a third episode (5:30) and I immediately got a nurse, it was witnessed by several RNs and DRs and we were taken to Trauma and given some drugs to bring her down from the seizure. This one took a lot longer to recover from with about 20 short spastic seizures (like 1-2 seconds) for a good 30 minutes or so.
Since then she was admitted up to neurology and as they were getting measurements (715 or so), she had yet another one, and this is after they had given her the initial dose of anti seizure meds that she will have to take daily. She slept for a good bit and then had a fifth, and so far, final episode at just after 9. Now we are here, all hooked up, feeling completely helpless and heart broken since there is nothing we can do to help her.
All of the larger portions of the seizures were about 90 seconds, on some of them she got pale and light blue around the lips. We know she is in great hands at one of the best childrens hospitals in the nation, but it still heart breaking to see this go on and not have a clue as to the reasons for it. We are talking possibly having to get an MRI to get a better clue as to what it is (if it is a malformed brain or not).
So, like I said, I dont like to ask people for things, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers if you belive in that.