Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Lavender Room:
Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself

 

   


chainpin

Apr 13, 12 11:50

Post #1 of 15 (1234 views)
Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself Quote | Reply

What a fucking hypocrite.

Always bashing the rich for using legal tax loopholes found in our overl complicated tax laws, yet, this ass clown goes and does the same damn thing.

What a douche.

http://freebeacon.com/...-family-tax-shelter/

"There is nothing illegal about the president’s taking advantage of this tax shelter, but it does raise eyebrows given that he has lamented the myriad tax exemptions used by the wealthy—“millionaires and billionaires” like himself—to pay less in taxes. He has yet to propose a comprehensive plan to reform the byzantine tax code."


"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06



morey000

Apr 13, 12 12:52

Post #2 of 15 (1213 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [chainpin] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

er... he gave money to his children.

and a huge amount to some really terrific charities. Including all the after-tax profits from his book sales.

Is there some quote from him recently against this specific tax deduction?

the right had to work hard to find something to whine about in Obama's 1040. Is this all you got?

good thing Romney pulled his money back from his overseas bank accounts. That's a whole different level of tax avoidance.


Rufus T.

Apr 13, 12 13:18

Post #3 of 15 (1199 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [chainpin] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I don't see how following laws you don't agree with makes you a hypocrite or a douche.


(This post was edited by Rufus T. on Apr 13, 12 13:19)


Uncle Arqyle

Apr 13, 12 13:47

Post #4 of 15 (1167 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Rufus T.] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Because a legal tax maneuver (loophole) that can only be taking advantage of by the 1% is the very thing he has been railing against.


Old Hickory

Apr 13, 12 13:52

Post #5 of 15 (1163 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [morey000] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

morey000 wrote:
er... he gave money to his children.

and a huge amount to some really terrific charities. Including all the after-tax profits from his book sales.

Is there some quote from him recently against this specific tax deduction?

the right had to work hard to find something to whine about in Obama's 1040. Is this all you got?

good thing Romney pulled his money back from his overseas bank accounts. That's a whole different level of tax avoidance.

He rails on the rich because they too use the very same laws to lower their taxes. So, like a "lead by my example" leader might do, he could have done those things without taking them as deductions. But he didn't. Did he?

Hey, it's not about what Romeny does or doesn't do. It's about what Barry says to do... then he does the opposite.


jriosa

Apr 13, 12 13:56

Post #6 of 15 (1160 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Uncle Arqyle] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

UTMA/UGMA is used by a hell of a lot of people outside the 1%, especially in states like Texas that have no tax breaks for 529 plans. I know quite a few people that use UGMA to establish a college fund trust that all family members can contribute to.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"


Uncle Arqyle

Apr 13, 12 14:03

Post #7 of 15 (1155 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [jriosa] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

jriosa wrote:
UTMA/UGMA is used by a hell of a lot of people outside the 1%, especially in states like Texas that have no tax breaks for 529 plans. I know quite a few people that use UGMA to establish a college fund trust that all family members can contribute to.


Perception is reality and the perception of most is that only the 1% can afford to gift their kids $48,000.


jriosa

Apr 13, 12 14:20

Post #8 of 15 (1147 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Uncle Arqyle] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

So - are you complaining about the fact he used a loophole that anyone can use, or the fact he has enough income to put in the maximum amount?

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"


morey000

Apr 13, 12 14:28

Post #9 of 15 (1144 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Old Hickory] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Old Hickory wrote:
Hey, it's not about what Romney does or doesn't do....

good thing, that is. The man lives in a glass house. actually- quite a few of them.


trail

Apr 13, 12 14:44

Post #10 of 15 (1128 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Uncle Arqyle] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

 


>Perception is reality and the perception of most is that only the 1% can afford to gift their kids $48,000.

So you're saying that jriosa is technically correct?




Uncle Arqyle

Apr 13, 12 15:25

Post #11 of 15 (1102 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [jriosa] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

jriosa wrote:
So - are you complaining about the fact he used a loophole that anyone can use, or the fact he has enough income to put in the maximum amount?

Not complaining about either of those. I merely agree that legal tax maneuver's are used as part of his arsenal for class warfare and tax maneuver's such as this are labelled as "loopholes" because not that many people can take advantage of them.


Uncle Arqyle

Apr 13, 12 15:26

Post #12 of 15 (1101 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [trail] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

trail wrote:



>Perception is reality and the perception of most is that only the 1% can afford to gift their kids $48,000.

So you're saying that jriosa is technically correct?



In order for him to be technically correct he would have to provide data rather than an anecdotal claim.


trail

Apr 13, 12 15:50

Post #13 of 15 (1090 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Uncle Arqyle] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

 

>In order for him to be technically correct he would have to provide data rather than an anecdotal claim.[/quote]

>>Because a legal tax maneuver (loophole) that can only be taking advantage of by the 1% is the very thing he has been railing against.

Aah, but he was responding to an anecdotal claim, no? Or you have data demonstrating that only people in the top 1% bracket take this deduction?






Uncle Arqyle

Apr 13, 12 16:02

Post #14 of 15 (1077 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [trail] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

trail wrote:


>In order for him to be technically correct he would have to provide data rather than an anecdotal claim.


>>Because a legal tax maneuver (loophole) that can only be taking advantage of by the 1% is the very thing he has been railing against.

Aah, but he was responding to an anecdotal claim, no? Or you have data demonstrating that only people in the top 1% bracket take this deduction?



[/quote]
I never claimed to be technically correct, remember, its about perception.


trail

Apr 13, 12 16:04

Post #15 of 15 (1076 views)
Re: Obama Disparages Tax Loopholes for Rich--Uses Them Himself [Uncle Arqyle] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

 
>I never claimed to be technically correct, remember, its about perception.

So your claims are all about perception, but you demand facts from everyone else? :) *You* should go into politics.

   
 
 
 



100 Runs in 100 Days
Are you planning to take part in the 100/100 run challenge?
Yes
No
Jeebus that's a shipload of running