Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not buying this story
Quote | Reply
Anyone else think that the Dad killed his daughter?

https://globalnews.ca/...s-her-stand-outside/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sending your kid outside at 3am in the dark to stand behind a tree what the fuck kind of punishment is that!?

Seems questionable to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't jump all the way to "daddy must have killed her", but, the story as reported doesn't pass the "sniff test". Mommy could have killed her too, and daddy is covering.. Or a million other possibilities. (none of them end well, btw)

Something is WAY screwed up in that family.

"hey 3 year old daughter, its 3am, and you didn't drink your milk... So go ahead and walk across the street and stand by that tree.. I'll check on you in 15 minutes."

Glad to hear that daddy has been arrested. He is in this pretty deep since he concocted the story and reported it.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And then not reporting her missing until 8 am?

Here's my guess. He didn't send her outside for punishment. He killed her and has buried (probably not buried, he seems to stupid for that) - Dumped the body.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply


”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wtf does not keep an eye on a 3 year old outside on their own - irrespective of the reason
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Wtf does not keep an eye on a 3 year old outside on their own - irrespective of the reason

Someone who made up a terrible story to try to hide the fact that they killed their daughter?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stories like this just make me sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This immediately jumped to mind. Though this story really isn't very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZnNHA6Mf7w

We are so fucked.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Stories like this just make me sad.

Ditto.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:


Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is this not a bigger story? I don't get it.

https://www.usatoday.com/...t-we-know/757575001/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
How is this not a bigger story? I don't get it.

https://www.usatoday.com/...t-we-know/757575001/

My impression is there are a lot more of these sorts of stories and others (like female teachers having sex with their students) out there and only a relatively few make it into the national 24 hour news cycle. This story probably is missing some key characteristics that would make it a TV ratings grabber.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure that finding the body is a big part of it. But being a white beauty pageant contestant seems to help.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I am sure that finding the body is a big part of it. But being a white beauty pageant contestant seems to help.

Sort of the same reason minorities rarely use to be on magazine covers...got to be appealing to the most people possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I am sure that finding the body is a big part of it. But being a white beauty pageant contestant seems to help.


Sort of the same reason minorities rarely use to be on magazine covers...got to be appealing to the most people possible.

See this is the kind of thing that makes me mad about the media. They play all "outraged" about things like police shootings of black people. But then barely cover this story. They know that "white police officer shoots unarmed black man" will sell.

If they really gave a shit about minorities like they claim to, this story would be major headlines, all over the place.

But they know that brown developmentally challenged girl going missing doesn't really sell.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I am sure that finding the body is a big part of it. But being a white beauty pageant contestant seems to help.


Sort of the same reason minorities rarely use to be on magazine covers...got to be appealing to the most people possible.


See this is the kind of thing that makes me mad about the media. They play all "outraged" about things like police shootings of black people. But then barely cover this story. They know that "white police officer shoots unarmed black man" will sell.

If they really gave a shit about minorities like they claim to, this story would be major headlines, all over the place.

But they know that brown developmentally challenged girl going missing doesn't really sell.

It's not the media's fault, it's the general populace. I'd sell shit on a stick if people would buy it. Blame those who click, not those who create the things for them to click on. Both would be news stories, but the one that will drive the most traffic gets the top billing.

-Formerly TriTJ
I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [Tatonka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tatonka wrote:
It's not the media's fault, it's the general populace. I'd sell shit on a stick if people would buy it. Blame those who click, not those who create the things for them to click on. Both would be news stories, but the one that will drive the most traffic gets the top billing.

The populace shares the blame, but the media is definitely also at fault. The job of the press is not supposed to be profits. It's supposed to be reporting the news and informing the public. The problem is that the job of the "press" has been subordinated to the profit motive of the "media."

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Tatonka wrote:
It's not the media's fault, it's the general populace. I'd sell shit on a stick if people would buy it. Blame those who click, not those who create the things for them to click on. Both would be news stories, but the one that will drive the most traffic gets the top billing.

The populace shares the blame, but the media is definitely also at fault. The job of the press is not supposed to be profits. It's supposed to be reporting the news and informing the public. The problem is that the job of the "press" has been subordinated to the profit motive of the "media."

Don't forget the need for a narrative
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [Tatonka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tatonka wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I am sure that finding the body is a big part of it. But being a white beauty pageant contestant seems to help.


Sort of the same reason minorities rarely use to be on magazine covers...got to be appealing to the most people possible.


See this is the kind of thing that makes me mad about the media. They play all "outraged" about things like police shootings of black people. But then barely cover this story. They know that "white police officer shoots unarmed black man" will sell.

If they really gave a shit about minorities like they claim to, this story would be major headlines, all over the place.

But they know that brown developmentally challenged girl going missing doesn't really sell.


It's not the media's fault, it's the general populace. I'd sell shit on a stick if people would buy it. Blame those who click, not those who create the things for them to click on. Both would be news stories, but the one that will drive the most traffic gets the top billing.

I blame the populous too but when the media tells us how outraged they are about certain racially charged issues then completely ignore something like this that says a lot about how they really feel.

I know it's about the clicks and the money, I am quite aware of that. But they sell it to us like they are outraged. They aren't.

Don't hand me a turd and tell me it's chocolate.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Tatonka wrote:
BLeP wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
I am sure that finding the body is a big part of it. But being a white beauty pageant contestant seems to help.


Sort of the same reason minorities rarely use to be on magazine covers...got to be appealing to the most people possible.


See this is the kind of thing that makes me mad about the media. They play all "outraged" about things like police shootings of black people. But then barely cover this story. They know that "white police officer shoots unarmed black man" will sell.

If they really gave a shit about minorities like they claim to, this story would be major headlines, all over the place.

But they know that brown developmentally challenged girl going missing doesn't really sell.


It's not the media's fault, it's the general populace. I'd sell shit on a stick if people would buy it. Blame those who click, not those who create the things for them to click on. Both would be news stories, but the one that will drive the most traffic gets the top billing.


I blame the populous too but when the media tells us how outraged they are about certain racially charged issues then completely ignore something like this that says a lot about how they really feel.

I know it's about the clicks and the money, I am quite aware of that. But they sell it to us like they are outraged. They aren't.

Don't hand me a turd and tell me it's chocolate.

There are 2 sides to this story, both of which might lead the media to not publish the story.

1. they may ignore it because it was not a cute white baby.
2. They may ignore because it because it questionable what really happened and they may be accursed of covering a story that puts minorities in a bad light. I.e often they avoid pictures or listing race in some stores because of complaints about showing minorities in bad situations.
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
The job of the press is not supposed to be profits. It's supposed to be reporting the news and informing the public. The problem is that the job of the "press" has been subordinated to the profit motive of the "media."
I disagree. With the exception of NPR and few others, mainstream media are commercial enterprises and have always had to create profit for private or public owners. IMO, the difference today is that there is so much low-quality or plagiarized content available for free that fewer and fewer consumers are willing to spend money that would finance true investigative journalism.

Sensationalist stories draw clicks and are self-financing and profitable. An experienced reporter investigating local corruption or malfeasance or incompetence, etc. for the better part of a year is probably at least a $100k investment. How many newspapers or agencies would realize the additional subscriptions or views to justify that?

Again, just IMO, I think this is one of the biggest problems that affect us today. Fact checking is expensive. In depth investigation is expensive. If there is a free buffet of shrink-wrap sandwiches, canned soup and box wine that's open all day every day, how many restaurants are going to survive that have to charge for fresh, made-from-scratch dishes and a nice Syrah?

Brian

Kick over the wall, cause governments to fall, how you refuse it
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power, d'you know that you can use it?
Quote Reply
Re: Not buying this story [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
How is this not a bigger story? I don't get it.

https://www.usatoday.com/...t-we-know/757575001/

Cute kid.

”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Quote Reply