Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nor Cal Shooting
Quote | Reply
I guess we need armed guards at our schools:

"A gunman killed four people and hospitalized at least 10—including two children—on Tuesday after opening fire at an elementary school and six other sites in a Northern California community 130 miles north of Sacramento. Armed with two handguns and a semiautomatic rifle, the shooter, an as-yet unidentified man who was killed by two law enforcement officers, appears to have been attacking victims at random following a domestic violence incident."

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard his neighbor on the radio saying that the shooter had been shooting his guns in his backyard for awhile and that they reported him to the police a few times and apparently nothing was done.

We keep hearing “if you see something, say something”, and we are seeing and we are saying and nobody fuckong does anything!

”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Heard his neighbor on the radio saying that the shooter had been shooting his guns in his backyard for awhile and that they reported him to the police a few times and apparently nothing was done.

We keep hearing “if you see something, say something”, and we are seeing and we are saying and nobody fuckong does anything!

Maybe because shooting in US is not that unusual event?
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why? The school went on lockdown and it worked.
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
I guess we need armed guards at our schools:

"A gunman killed four people and hospitalized at least 10—including two children—on Tuesday after opening fire at an elementary school and six other sites in a Northern California community 130 miles north of Sacramento. Armed with two handguns and a semiautomatic rifle, the shooter, an as-yet unidentified man who was killed by two law enforcement officers, appears to have been attacking victims at random following a domestic violence incident."


This is #3 on the ticker for CNN (behind Papa John's and the NFL), it's just so common now it's not really news worthy anymore. Sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Heard his neighbor on the radio saying that the shooter had been shooting his guns in his backyard for awhile and that they reported him to the police a few times and apparently nothing was done.

Doesn't something being done depend on where you live? I don't know about California but I thought in many states if you're not with city limits that disallow it you can target practice or whatever on your property.
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Heard his neighbor on the radio saying that the shooter had been shooting his guns in his backyard for awhile and that they reported him to the police a few times and apparently nothing was done.

We keep hearing “if you see something, say something”, and we are seeing and we are saying and nobody fuckong does anything!

Maybe because shooting in US is not that unusual event?

Neighbor said he was shooting shit and “acting crazy”.

If you see something say something so the authorities can do....








....nothing.

”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
softrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Heard his neighbor on the radio saying that the shooter had been shooting his guns in his backyard for awhile and that they reported him to the police a few times and apparently nothing was done.

We keep hearing “if you see something, say something”, and we are seeing and we are saying and nobody fuckong does anything!


Maybe because shooting in US is not that unusual event?


Neighbor said he was shooting shit and “acting crazy”.


Why does his neighbour hate the Constitution?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Nov 15, 17 4:58
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Heard his neighbor on the radio saying that the shooter had been shooting his guns in his backyard for awhile and that they reported him to the police a few times and apparently nothing was done.

We keep hearing “if you see something, say something”, and we are seeing and we are saying and nobody fuckong does anything!


Maybe because shooting in US is not that unusual event?


Well, ok. It looks like authorities did something...

http://www.nydailynews.com/...rs-article-1.3633412

Quote:
...was previously wanted for assaulting two neighbors, a prosecutor said.


Quote:
Neal, of Rancho Tehama, was being prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon and a stabbing that involved two of his neighbors earlier this year...


Quote:
Neal was arrested on Jan. 31 for the incident with his neighbors in which he reportedly shot through a fence at two women, according to the Red Bluff Daily News.

He jumped over the fence, stabbed one of the women and then took the other's cellphone, the prosecutor said.

Cohen said Neal was released from jail on $300,000 bail and expected to stand trial in January 2018, the paper reported.


So here we are once again, someone known to the authorities as a violent person goes on a killing spree...

”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Last edited by: Duffy: Nov 15, 17 5:37
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump tweeted and deleted. Oops, it's hard to keep up. Also, grammar fail - they has arrived. And then tweeted nothing about California. Not sure why that would be.



Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Trump tweeted and deleted. Oops, it's hard to keep up. Also, grammar fail - they has arrived. And then tweeted nothing about California. Not sure why that would be.




Somebody is going to get FIRED for the poor grammar!

Fortunately it won't be the LOTUS.
Last edited by: windschatten: Nov 15, 17 22:25
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't find it at the moment, but there is an interview floating around with this shithead's mother. She knew he was positively off his rocker but didn't seem to do much other than talk him off the ledge every time he lost his cool.

This guy had all the marks of someone who likely should've been committed into a facility for treatment. Oh and maybe someone should've maybe taken his guns from him after the January arrest.

--------------------------
Hammer Nutrition |
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Can't find it at the moment, but there is an interview floating around with this shithead's mother. She knew he was positively off his rocker but didn't seem to do much other than talk him off the ledge every time he lost his cool.

This guy had all the marks of someone who likely should've been committed into a facility for treatment. Oh and maybe someone should've maybe taken his guns from him after the January arrest.

Yeah, I saw a quote from I believe his sister who said he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near guns. Sounds like one of the walking time bombs who went off.
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deinstitutionalization and Mass Murders
Could deinstitutionalization have contributed to the rise of mass shootings? Since 1976, there has been an average of 20 mass murders a year. J. Reid Meloy, Ph.D., is a forensic psychologist who studied them. He found that mass murderers suffer mental illnesses that range from chronic psychotic disturbances and schizophrenia to paranoid disorders. They have the paranoid, narcissistic and schizoid traits of personality disorders.
These were not normal people who simply "snapped." Instead, they suffered for years from untreated or poorly treated mental illness. Most planned the shooting for years. Meloy argues that behavioral threat assessments are available and that these are our best hope of prevention. (Source: "Seven Myths of Mass Murder," Psychology Today, April 21, 2014.)

https://www.thebalance.com/...ionalization-3306067


We just need more gun laws.
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Can't find it at the moment, but there is an interview floating around with this shithead's mother. She knew he was positively off his rocker but didn't seem to do much other than talk him off the ledge every time he lost his cool.

This guy had all the marks of someone who likely should've been committed into a facility for treatment. Oh and maybe someone should've maybe taken his guns from him after the January arrest.


Yeah, I saw a quote from I believe his sister who said he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near guns. Sounds like one of the walking time bombs who went off.
i.e. another instance of someone 1. with a criminal past, 2. with all the makings of mental disorder, 3. should have lost his right to obtain and possess firearms, and 4. in this case it's obvious giving him bail was a mistake.

So much of this 'gun control' debate is enforcing our current laws, dealing with mental disorders differently than we do today, and (in this case) stricter bail standards for violent offenses.

The VAST majority of these recent mass murders are a direct result of one or more of the above not being carried through by law enforcement, federal agencies, courts. Clean that mess up before even thinking about bump stocks and assault rifles, imo.
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like he was already banned from legally owning guns. Instead of passing new gun laws, how about we try to become more efficient at enforcing the ones we already have.

http://thehill.com/...m-owning-guns-report


Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Dirty Bottles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirty Bottles wrote:
Sounds like he was already banned from legally owning guns. Instead of passing new gun laws, how about we try to become more efficient at enforcing the ones we already have.

http://thehill.com/...m-owning-guns-report


I actually think that the lax enforcement here in CA is on purpose so as to create more demand for outright confiscation of guns.

”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I actually think that the lax enforcement here in CA is on purpose so as to create more demand for outright confiscation of guns.

Out of curiosity, do you make up all these conspiracy theories or find them on the interwebs?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I actually think that the lax enforcement here in CA is on purpose so as to create more demand for outright confiscation of guns.

Out of curiosity, do you make up all these conspiracy theories or find them on the interwebs?

Ok. I guess it’s pure incompetence then.

We should definitely give these people more power to pass more laws.

”look, duffy is a great lover. the best!” -

slowman (owner of slowtwitch.com) 10/01/17
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Nor Cal Shooting [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Can't find it at the moment, but there is an interview floating around with this shithead's mother. She knew he was positively off his rocker but didn't seem to do much other than talk him off the ledge every time he lost his cool.

This guy had all the marks of someone who likely should've been committed into a facility for treatment. Oh and maybe someone should've maybe taken his guns from him after the January arrest.


Yeah, I saw a quote from I believe his sister who said he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near guns. Sounds like one of the walking time bombs who went off.

i.e. another instance of someone 1. with a criminal past, 2. with all the makings of mental disorder, 3. should have lost his right to obtain and possess firearms, and 4. in this case it's obvious giving him bail was a mistake.

So much of this 'gun control' debate is enforcing our current laws, dealing with mental disorders differently than we do today, and (in this case) stricter bail standards for violent offenses.

The VAST majority of these recent mass murders are a direct result of one or more of the above not being carried through by law enforcement, federal agencies, courts. Clean that mess up before even thinking about bump stocks and assault rifles, imo.

They should write a new law. If anyone working for the government (our protectors) screws up and lets felons like this guy or the resent Texas church shooter slide through the cracks, their faces should be published and than they should be fired immediately with no freak'n pension. When there is accountability, thing actually happen.
Quote Reply