Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Go Bernie go
Quote | Reply
Nonetheless, a shocking result from of all places, a Fox News poll - http://www.foxnews.com/...-poll-march-16-2017/

He's got a 61% favorable rating, higher than anyone/anything on the list. I expect most of that is just because he reminds everyone of their crazy old uncle.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, polls aren't really something to hang your hat on, particularly when no one is running for anything right now.

That said, I believe it. I think people were worried about the spending that Bernie might go on and that scared them off in his race against Clinton. However, based on Trump's proposals with Trumpcare and the increase in military spending, people might be thinking if the spending is going to continue out of control anyways, might as well have someone sane in the Whitehouse :)

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply


It's only smellz.

- Rocco Siffredi
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't take someone seriously when they say one thing and live their life in the complete opposite fashion. He's hypocritical garbage.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply


It's only smellz.

- Rocco Siffredi
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree! I'd like and respect Sanders more if he lived in some trailer park, donated all his money to charity and just ate rice and tuna every day, walked to Washington in sandals, and always flew coach. However, if he did that, everyone would say he has some kind of mental problem. He can't win. Seriously, do you expect some 78 year old to live like some 28 year old hippy? Give me a break.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I think is interesting is Bernie wanted to make all of these free programs like college and the millennials were loving it as they thought it would just pay for itself and it didn't effect them.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
You can't take someone seriously when they say one thing and live their life in the complete opposite fashion. He's hypocritical garbage.

You mean like bashing rich people for not paying "their" fair share of income taxes?


All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

http://teamredwhiteandblue.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigermilk wrote:
Nonetheless, a shocking result from of all places, a Fox News poll - http://www.foxnews.com/...-poll-march-16-2017/

He's got a 61% favorable rating, higher than anyone/anything on the list. I expect most of that is just because he reminds everyone of their crazy old uncle.

I might vote favorable for Bernie because he has found his happy place and knows how to play the useful idiots. So I gotta give he guy come creds.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [tri_kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think any sane person is saying that he needs to live like that.

I think sane people are saying he loses a lot of credibility when he buys a THIRD home worth over $600,000 and just got done running a campaign saying that the rich people should be paying their fair share when it comes out that he pays taxes at a rate of 13%.

It's hypocritical politics 101.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if people really understood where his donations come from and how he arrives at his "average donation of $27". Even hit pieces that debunk this claim totally miss the point.

Their average comes about almost entirely form the fact that he gets a huge (multi-million dollar) donation from a union and they just divide that by the number of dues paying members.

The idea that Bernie is somehow different form any other pol is ludicrous. In fact he's one of the worst. He's either a disingenuous lying sack of socialist shit or (possibly even worse) he really believes his own rhetoric and is therefore a lunatic.

It's only smellz.

- Rocco Siffredi
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runningwithbees wrote:
I don't think any sane person is saying that he needs to live like that.

I think sane people are saying he loses a lot of credibility when he buys a THIRD home worth over $600,000 and just got done running a campaign saying that the rich people should be paying their fair share when it comes out that he pays taxes at a rate of 13%.

It's hypocritical politics 101.

The guy has been making high six figures for decades, and his wife has a good job, too; you expect him to live like a pauper?

People seem to think that if an individual doesn't donate their money to the IRS above and beyond what is called for by law, they are a hypocrite if they think tax rates are too low for the wealthy. That's bullshit. Even if Rand Paul says it.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wait a minute Ken. Aren't you one of the people screaming for tax returns from our current President. And screaming because he isn't paying enough when he takes advantage of the same loopholes?

Like others have said. On your tax return, you can make a donation to the government. Why wouldn't somebody who calls for government to pay for many, many things, make an extra payment so the government can pay for those things?

Seems like a real disconnect somewhere in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runningwithbees wrote:
I don't think any sane person is saying that he needs to live like that.

I think sane people are saying he loses a lot of credibility when he buys a THIRD home worth over $600,000 and just got done running a campaign saying that the rich people should be paying their fair share when it comes out that he pays taxes at a rate of 13%.

It's hypocritical politics 101.

These are my two favorite Bernie tweets. Such a hypocrite.

https://twitter.com/...s/683370855800385536
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runningwithbees wrote:
wait a minute Ken. Aren't you one of the people screaming for tax returns from our current President. And screaming because he isn't paying enough when he takes advantage of the same loopholes?

Like others have said. On your tax return, you can make a donation to the government. Why wouldn't somebody who calls for government to pay for many, many things, make an extra payment so the government can pay for those things?

Seems like a real disconnect somewhere in there.

The disconnect is on your end. As innumerable people have pointed out, the reason for wanting his tax returns (and other business-related financial information) is to reveal the inherent conflict of interest issues he has. Pretty sure that Bernie doesn't have anywhere close to those issues as does Trump.

Sanders deducted mortgage interest, property tax, charitable contributions (not to his own Foundation, most likely), and a few other things to reduce his taxable income.

Donating some of your income to excess tax is not the issue. Such sums are trivial compared to the built-in tax evasion in our system.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders deducted mortgage interest, property tax, charitable contributions (not to his own Foundation, most likely), and a few other things to reduce his taxable income.



He had to have deducted a hell of a lot more than that to get to as low of an effective tax rate as he did.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay. I get that, but that's not really what I am saying is hypocritical either.

I am saying the somebody who ran a campaign based on making people who make 6 figures or more pay their fair share. Someone who was touting programs for free stuff that would require the government to drastically increase taxes. Someone who claims they were for the people, and understood the common problems of the people. Yet he, like you said, has made 6 figures for close to 2 decades (all on the taxpayers backs) and owns 3 houses and still pays a tax rate that is within 1 or 2 points of what I pay while making far, far less than 6 figures.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in all of this???
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Sanders deducted mortgage interest, property tax, charitable contributions (not to his own Foundation, most likely), and a few other things to reduce his taxable income.



He had to have deducted a hell of a lot more than that to get to as low of an effective tax rate as he did.

Use you Google skills and you can actually find the referenced return. Then do your own analysis. I'm pretty sure it was a normal return.

(hint: he deducted $22,000 in mortgage interest alone)

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runningwithbees wrote:
Okay. I get that, but that's not really what I am saying is hypocritical either.

I am saying the somebody who ran a campaign based on making people who make 6 figures or more pay their fair share. Someone who was touting programs for free stuff that would require the government to drastically increase taxes. Someone who claims they were for the people, and understood the common problems of the people. Yet he, like you said, has made 6 figures for close to 2 decades (all on the taxpayers backs) and owns 3 houses and still pays a tax rate that is within 1 or 2 points of what I pay while making far, far less than 6 figures.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in all of this???

No, I don't see the hypocrisy. I see a broken system. He's complying with the system just as you and I are.

If you had the cash to buy three houses, and the income to support multiple mortgages and property tax payments, your effective tax rate would be lower, too.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [ericallenboyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericallenboyd wrote:
What I think is interesting is Bernie wanted to make all of these free programs like college and the millennials were loving it as they thought it would just pay for itself and it didn't effect them.

He just wanted a change in priorities. I enjoyed cheap college. When I started college in 1979 I paid $4/semester hour at an excellent state university. There were other fees but I paid less for a full load of classes at a university than my step-daughter paid to take a single class at community college even after inflation.
We used to invest in our future; we we thought we would need more college graduates in the future so the federal government showered universities with money.
Then a new sheriff rode into town. Ronald Reagan said that tax cuts and deregulation were the most important things. The top marginal tax bracket was lowered from 70% to 28%. He promised if we just got the government off the back of the wealthy and businesses that the economy would boom and everyone would benefit because a rising tide lifts all ships. All this money that the wealthy and business kept would trickle down to everyone. Money to universities was slashed, money to build and improve infrastructure was slashed, Reagan demonized the poor and thought they just needed tough love; if we made being poor worse they would learn their lesson and work hard to stop being poor so social programs were slashed. Our war on poverty became a war on the poor. After 40 years of trickle down economics our debt has soared (Reagan alone added twice as much to our debt as all the presidents before him), our infrastructure is crumbling with bridges that fall and power grid based on century old technology that wastes 10% of our electricity. Oddly we are still waiting for all that money to trickle down. Americans are working longer, harder, and are more productive than ever but wages for everyone except the top percentile have been stagnant or declining.
Bernie isn't asking for anything radical. He isn't even suggesting returning to the level of socialism we had under Nixon and Eisenhower. He just wanted the only people who actually benefited from decades of supply side economics at the expense of everyone else to pay a little more so more of us can get ahead.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [outerlimit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rotflmfao
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aren't you one of the people screaming for tax returns from our current President. And screaming because he isn't paying enough when he takes advantage of the same loopholes?

Most people aren't complaining about his rate of tax, they are complaining about the lack of disclosure to where he has properties and bank loans. Those are things that create the potential for conflict of interest. If the tax returns don't disclose the details, why not just come out and tell people who he is indeted to, who is responsible for approving permit applications in foreign countries etc. It's not that difficult.


You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
Runningwithbees wrote:
I don't think any sane person is saying that he needs to live like that.

I think sane people are saying he loses a lot of credibility when he buys a THIRD home worth over $600,000 and just got done running a campaign saying that the rich people should be paying their fair share when it comes out that he pays taxes at a rate of 13%.

It's hypocritical politics 101.

The guy has been making high six figures for decades, and his wife has a good job, too; you expect him to live like a pauper?

People seem to think that if an individual doesn't donate their money to the IRS above and beyond what is called for by law, they are a hypocrite if they think tax rates are too low for the wealthy. That's bullshit. Even if Rand Paul says it.

Bernie (apparently) followed the law in paying his taxes. The fact that he paid a lower rate than some others is a problem (if one considers it a problem) with tax law, not Bernie.

Bernie followed the law, as did Trmp, Obama, Bush, Romney...but not Tim Geithner.

It's only smellz.

- Rocco Siffredi
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Wasn't the knock against Sanders' record that he basically got none of his agenda passed?

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Go Bernie go [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You aren't getting it Ken. I have no problems with him using the system just like everybody else.

I have problems with him living a lifestyle and using a system that is completely the opposite of what he campaigned for and what so many millions of people idolize him as. He is no different than Trump when it comes to claiming to be working for the poor people. That is my point.
Quote Reply

Prev Next