Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dovetailing off the Lets argue about toothbrushes thread, let's argue about toothpaste now
Quote | Reply
Do you have a go to toothpaste?

I was an avid user of Mentadent since it hit the market. But alas the rat bastards at Arm & Hammer discontinued it this spring. So I've been forced to step down to A&M's Peroxicare, which doesn't feel like it cleans near the same as Mentadent did.

--------------------------
Hammer Nutrition |
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply
Re: Dovetailing off the Lets argue about toothbrushes thread, let's argue about toothpaste now [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use whatever is on sale at costco. Most recently that was some kind of crest 4pack.
Quote Reply
Re: Dovetailing off the Lets argue about toothbrushes thread, let's argue about toothpaste now [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crest freshmint gel. Been using Crest my entire life (ever since I got teeth) and I have never had a cavity.

Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it. John D. Rockefeller Sr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The dentist I switched to a couple of years ago recommended Sensadyne, and apparently they recommend it for all of their patients. Their reasoning is that other toothpastes have a gritty harshness that puts unnecessary stress and wear on the enamel. I've been happy with it & it cleans well, but it doesn't taste as fresh after I've brushed since the minty-ness isn't as strong as the mint Colgate I previously used...so now I'm more intentional about using mouth wash for that, particularly when I want to try to get some sexy time with Mrs. MWR.

mck414 wrote:
Do you have a go to toothpaste?

I was an avid user of Mentadent since it hit the market. But alas the rat bastards at Arm & Hammer discontinued it this spring. So I've been forced to step down to A&M's Peroxicare, which doesn't feel like it cleans near the same as Mentadent did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am searching for a bland toothpaste. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use cinnamon flavored crest just because I've grown completely sick of minty toothpaste. If you don't want mint, it doesn't leave a lot of options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barkeeper's Friend.

Just be sure not to swallow.

And rinse well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Bronners, Jāson and baking soda are good for now. Himalaya Botanique and Green Beaver (Canadian) are good too.

Last edited by: travelmama: May 17, 17 10:40
Quote Reply
Re: Dovetailing off the Lets argue about toothbrushes thread, let's argue about toothpaste now [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:

A&M's Peroxicare, pretty bland compared to my old paste.

--------------------------
Hammer Nutrition |
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SS88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Dovetailing off the Lets argue about toothbrushes thread, let's argue about toothpaste now [Tibbsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:

Crest makes a kid's toothpaste that is mint flavored, it's very mild and my go-to. Lately they have been in a Star wars or Frozen themed wrapper.
Quote Reply
Re: Dovetailing off the Lets argue about toothbrushes thread, let's argue about toothpaste now [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
KY works best with the brush I posted in the other thread.

Along those lines, I once loaded up a toothbrush with Sno-Seal and started brushing vigorously. It was dark in the tent; I grabbed the wrong container.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbsy wrote:

My grandmother used plain baking soda, She put it in the palm of her hand and dipped the brush in it.

Wag More, Bark Less
Quote Reply