Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DavHamm is This Your Church?
Quote | Reply
http://canoe.com/...didnt-tip-gets-fired

Then again, expecting a tip for a takeout meal is a tad over the top.
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
http://canoe.com/...didnt-tip-gets-fired

Then again, expecting a tip for a takeout meal is a tad over the top.

Etiquette dictates one does not tip for a typical carryout order during which the customer enters the establishment to collect the food. But, curb-side service is customarily tipped at 10% and large specialty orders (like this) at 10-15%. Given this was a very large order with curb-side service, etiquette dictates a tip was warranted.

Yes, I too thought of our stingy buddy DavHamm.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
http://canoe.com/...didnt-tip-gets-fired

Then again, expecting a tip for a takeout meal is a tad over the top.

Shit was to busy at work to post this, heard it on my drive in. Yeah I was confused on the expecting a tip for carry out, really? we have hit up Pei Wei a few times lately, never even crossed my mind to tip them..

So do people really tip for carry out? Do you tip at a carry out pizza joint? ugh.. I really hate this.

Just Triing

Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
http://canoe.com/...didnt-tip-gets-fired

Then again, expecting a tip for a takeout meal is a tad over the top.


Etiquette dictates one does not tip for a typical carryout order during which the customer enters the establishment to collect the food. But, curb-side service is customarily tipped at 10% and large specialty orders (like this) at 10-15%. Given this was a very large order with curb-side service, etiquette dictates a tip was warranted.

Yes, I too thought of our stingy buddy DavHamm.

The version of the story I heard, was it was suppose to be delivered, they were busy so the church went there, still to busy to carry out, so the church went in and picked it up themselves. To me thats a no tip, or if im suppose to tip a 3% tip to say F U

Just Triing

Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
JSA wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
http://canoe.com/...didnt-tip-gets-fired

Then again, expecting a tip for a takeout meal is a tad over the top.


Etiquette dictates one does not tip for a typical carryout order during which the customer enters the establishment to collect the food. But, curb-side service is customarily tipped at 10% and large specialty orders (like this) at 10-15%. Given this was a very large order with curb-side service, etiquette dictates a tip was warranted.

Yes, I too thought of our stingy buddy DavHamm.


The version of the story I heard, was it was suppose to be delivered, they were busy so the church went there, still to busy to carry out, so the church went in and picked it up themselves. To me thats a no tip, or if im suppose to tip a 3% tip to say F U


Christ Fellowship Church in Palm Beach Gardens was holding a conference and called in an order to the local Outback Wednesday for 25 steak dinners, 25 chicken dinners and 25 side orders of potatoes that Yoder said she had to prepare, costing her other tips.

“I brought it out, put it in the car,” Yoder told Miami Fox affiliate WSVN-TV. “We received the payment. There was no gratuity. I got upset. I posted a post on Facebook about the church not leaving a gratuity tip.”

http://www.foxnews.com/...or-skipping-tip.html


Members of the group picked up the food and Yoder loaded the $735 meal into a car, she said.
And then the group left, leaving Yoder with nothing to show for her work.
"I was super mad," she told WPEC-TV. "I was angry because that was such a large order and we have to take so much out of our time. It took almost an hour to put it all together."

http://www.insideedition.com/...p-church-group-40666



Christ Fellowship Church, also in Palm Beach Gardens, placed the $735 order to be picked up at a nearby Outback Steakhouse, Wednesday.

A volunteer went to pick it all up — and server Tamlynn Yoder was there to help out.

“I brought it out, put it in the car. We received the payment. there was no gratuity,” said Yoder.

https://wsvn.com/...-over-facebook-post/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
JSA wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
http://canoe.com/...didnt-tip-gets-fired

Then again, expecting a tip for a takeout meal is a tad over the top.


Etiquette dictates one does not tip for a typical carryout order during which the customer enters the establishment to collect the food. But, curb-side service is customarily tipped at 10% and large specialty orders (like this) at 10-15%. Given this was a very large order with curb-side service, etiquette dictates a tip was warranted.

Yes, I too thought of our stingy buddy DavHamm.


The version of the story I heard, was it was suppose to be delivered, they were busy so the church went there, still to busy to carry out, so the church went in and picked it up themselves. To me thats a no tip, or if im suppose to tip a 3% tip to say F U



Christ Fellowship Church in Palm Beach Gardens was holding a conference and called in an order to the local Outback Wednesday for 25 steak dinners, 25 chicken dinners and 25 side orders of potatoes that Yoder said she had to prepare, costing her other tips.

“I brought it out, put it in the car,” Yoder told Miami Fox affiliate WSVN-TV. “We received the payment. There was no gratuity. I got upset. I posted a post on Facebook about the church not leaving a gratuity tip.”

http://www.foxnews.com/...or-skipping-tip.html


Members of the group picked up the food and Yoder loaded the $735 meal into a car, she said.
And then the group left, leaving Yoder with nothing to show for her work.
"I was super mad," she told WPEC-TV. "I was angry because that was such a large order and we have to take so much out of our time. It took almost an hour to put it all together."

http://www.insideedition.com/...p-church-group-40666



Christ Fellowship Church, also in Palm Beach Gardens, placed the $735 order to be picked up at a nearby Outback Steakhouse, Wednesday.

A volunteer went to pick it all up — and server Tamlynn Yoder was there to help out.

“I brought it out, put it in the car. We received the payment. there was no gratuity,” said Yoder.

https://wsvn.com/...-over-facebook-post/

Guess I heard it wrong.

So now I am wondering, do you tip a caterer? I would never have even thought to tip someone for bringing food out to the car. Like I have said many many many many times, I just don't get this whole tip thing. Just charge me what it costs.

Just Triing

Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

Guess I heard it wrong.

So now I am wondering, do you tip a caterer? I would never have even thought to tip someone for bringing food out to the car. Like I have said many many many many times, I just don't get this whole tip thing. Just charge me what it costs.

The actual caterer (i.e., the owner)? Nope. But, I have tipped servers at catered events.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, the real lesson is keep the work drama off of facebook.
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Automatic tipping is dumb. I really enjoy New Zealand when I visit there.
Quote Reply
Re: DavHamm is This Your Church? [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"25 steak dinners, 25 chicken dinners and 25 side orders of potatoes"


Sounds like someone either doesn't know how to place an order or how to take an order. Seems to be there are 25 side orders missing.




--------------------------
Hammer Nutrition |
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Quote Reply