Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Comey time!
Quote | Reply
Predictions?

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I predict the MSM will only cover half of the hearing's revelations. They'll only cover the no evidence of Obama wire-tapping story and not cover the no evidence of Russian-Trump collusion.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roughly half the country will hate him, while roughly the other half will love him.

He'll probably say the Russians undoubtedly fucked around with the DNC, but there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. He'll probably also confirm some of Trump's campaign staff were in fact being snooped on, but won't go as far to say it was illegal wiretapping, just collateral damage from investigations into Russian election tomfoolery.

The Trump supporters will dance in the street and we'll see Maddow crying on air again.

--------------------------
Hammer Nutrition |
Rudy Project, ask me about 50% off
Altitude Multi Sport
Runners Roost Race Team
Last edited by: mck414: Mar 20, 17 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He laid the groundwork in his opening statement: here comes nothing.

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Predictions?

I predict he says nothing definitive.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling he's an attention whore?

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was an unequivocal No.

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
That was an unequivocal No.

No to what?

Didn't listen. I'm sure the LR will fill me in.

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
That was an unequivocal No.

No to what?

Didn't listen. I'm sure the LR will fill me in.

Basically he said Trump is a liar!
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
That was an unequivocal No.

No to what?

Didn't listen. I'm sure the LR will fill me in.

Basically he said Trump is a liar!

No wire tap?

No Russian meddling?

Both?

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I predict the MSM will only cover half of the hearing's revelations. They'll only cover the no evidence of Obama wire-tapping story and not cover the no evidence of Russian-Trump collusion.

If I watch the hearings live this is what I'll see/here? :)


Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
Predictions?


I predict he says nothing definitive.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling he's an attention whore?

You don't like the competition. Do you?
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
Predictions?


I predict he says nothing definitive.

Am I the only one who gets the feeling he's an attention whore?

You don't like the competition. Do you?

Competition makes everyone better.

Not sure what that has to do with my post.

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He refuted Trump's conspiracy theory about wire taps in Trump Tower no uncertain terms.

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
He refuted Trump's conspiracy theory about wire taps in Trump Tower no uncertain terms.

Ok.

Did he address the Russian issue?

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
That was an unequivocal No.

No to what?

Didn't listen. I'm sure the LR will fill me in.

Basically he said Trump is a liar!

No wire tap?

No Russian meddling?

Both?

No wire tap and yes they are investigating the Russian connection to the Trump campaign from what I am watching!
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He won't comment on anything related to ongoing investigations.

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard parts of it- It went something like... We don't normally tell if there is an investigation is going on. But in this case we will. Trump - Russians- election... I can't answer anymore questions.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
He won't comment on anything related to ongoing investigations.

Thanks.

But he did say that that investigation most definitely did NOT include tapping Trump Tower?

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He refuted Trump's conspiracy theory about wire taps in Trump Tower no uncertain terms.

In other words, the man who constantly complains about fake news, is the one spreading fake news.

But, as some of his supporters will undoubtedly point out any second now, it's not really Trump lying, he simply re-tweeted what someone else said so nothing more to see here.

P.S - do you remember the time Hilary lied?



You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't believe that particular question was asked. He answered the wiretap questions devoid of context. I take that to mean it didn't happen, and so any investigation related to Russia didn't involve surveillance of Trump Tower.

"Canada is like a lofty apartment over a really great party" Robin Williams
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Predictions?

What's with the news outlets not showing a split screen so you know who's asking the questions. Simple shit people.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I don't believe that particular question was asked. He answered the wiretap questions devoid of context. I take that to mean it didn't happen, and so any investigation related to Russia didn't involve surveillance of Trump Tower.

Interesting.

If you were investigating Russian influence into an election with possible collusion from the Trump campaign wouldn't tapping Trump campaign phones be a good idea?

Disclaimer: the above statements are parody and meant for entertainment purposes only. No sane person would actually hold such views.
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
I don't believe that particular question was asked. He answered the wiretap questions devoid of context. I take that to mean it didn't happen, and so any investigation related to Russia didn't involve surveillance of Trump Tower.


Interesting.

If you were investigating Russian influence into an election with possible collusion from the Trump campaign wouldn't tapping Trump campaign phones be a good idea?

Probably...but you'd need a court issued warrant for that. Maybe not for tapping a foreign national's phone and catching the campaign from the other side. More elegant I'd think.

Who the hell really knows, though? It's all wild speculation at this point. The only tangible thing I'm taking away from this is that the FBI thought something was up if they started spending time on this last summer. Where there's smoke...
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard the opening and some of the beginning. I saw nothing that was an clear denial of wiretaps on trump officials. What I did hear were there was an active investigation and specifics will not be released. He also said that specific individuals (the committee) were briefed in a classified setting, so we will either see people lying in the next day.

But did Comey clearly deny that wiretaps took place, or are we focusing on the specifics of Trumps wild tweets and missing the big picture. i.e. they didn't tap Trump tower, per his tweet, but did tap other offices? Because CNN and Daily Beast say Comey shot down the claim, other sources are not saying that. Just reiterating what I said.

What I tend to see with the media is they focus on the specifics and completely ignore ancillary items. I'm fine with them focusing on specifics, but they need to account for the ancillary.

For instance, when this whole thing started, they were outraged that he insinuated that Obama would order such a thing specifically. But what if he was in fact briefed by his attorney general on a probe and gave the ok? Not a specific order for wiretapping, but still quite a strong link. Doesn't make Trump a complete liar, but certainly not what he said.

It almost feels like they are so hell bent on proving trump wrong they don't see the forest through the trees. If Obama authorized a probe, and part of the probe involved wiretaps on campaign offices (not trump tower), I don't see trump as being untruthful or fabricating something. I see an impulsive statement he didn't think through, but the big picture was spot on.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Comey time! [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SailorSam wrote:
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:
I don't believe that particular question was asked. He answered the wiretap questions devoid of context. I take that to mean it didn't happen, and so any investigation related to Russia didn't involve surveillance of Trump Tower.


Interesting.

If you were investigating Russian influence into an election with possible collusion from the Trump campaign wouldn't tapping Trump campaign phones be a good idea?


Probably...but you'd need a court issued warrant for that. Maybe not for tapping a foreign national's phone and catching the campaign from the other side. More elegant I'd think.

Who the hell really knows, though? It's all wild speculation at this point. The only tangible thing I'm taking away from this is that the FBI thought something was up if they started spending time on this last summer. Where there's smoke...

And if they really had reason to believe that, they had better eventually come up with a clear and transparent report without shit redacted all over the place to hide investigative techniques under the guise of national security. Because at this point, it sounds like it could be manufactured by democrats, acted on by Obama, investigation of an opposing party candidate openly hostile to the current president by the FBI and intelligence agencies, parsed to minute details that can be denied, while the big picture remains unanswered, leaving no real answers. I also think there was a certain atmosphere that felt free to do so because they though Trump stood no chance of winning and it would never be a thing.

Our gov't does have a history of this shit, the FBI under Hoover was notorious for monitoring innocent people and even infiltrating benign groups with the intent of making them public enemies.


"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply

Prev Next