Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Canada picking up the slack
Quote | Reply
http://www.reuters.com/...a-idUSKBN15C0RI?il=0

Thanks guys I appreciate it. You have lots of extra room. To be perfectly honest you have better benefits so I am surprised why you are not preferred over the US. Anywho, since many of the Canadians have been lambasting the US, I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up. I sho' hope that doesn't implode your social services you're always bragging on and end up with any culture clashes (you seem to have integrated Quebec so well). Well I await your gushing about Trudeau and how awesometastic this development is especially in like a decade. Here's toasting a shot of Seagram's with a Molsen.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-canada-idUSKBN15C0RI?il=0

Thanks guys I appreciate it. You have lots of extra room. To be perfectly honest you have better benefits so I am surprised why you are not preferred over the US. Anywho, since many of the Canadians have been lambasting the US, I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up. I sho' hope that doesn't implode your social services you're always bragging on and end up with any culture clashes (you seem to have integrated Quebec so well). Well I await your gushing about Trudeau and how awesometastic this development is especially in like a decade. Here's toasting a shot of Seagram's with a Molsen.

Why would you make such silly assumptions?




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jan 29, 17 10:32
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

You have violate LR rules with this post.

Never reply to a snarky post by a Trump ballwasher with facts. They will call you names.


===============
Even if you are one in a million, there are a thousand Chinese guys just like you.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

You have violate LR rules with this post.

Never reply to a snarky post by a Trump ballwasher with facts. They will call you names.

Really I'm a Trump ballwasher? Evidently you have a reading comprehension issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-canada-idUSKBN15C0RI?il=0

Thanks guys I appreciate it. You have lots of extra room. To be perfectly honest you have better benefits so I am surprised why you are not preferred over the US. Anywho, since many of the Canadians have been lambasting the US, I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up. I sho' hope that doesn't implode your social services you're always bragging on and end up with any culture clashes (you seem to have integrated Quebec so well). Well I await your gushing about Trudeau and how awesometastic this development is especially in like a decade. Here's toasting a shot of Seagram's with a Molsen.

Why would you make such silly assumptions?

Well based on being told how evil the USA is for limiting immigration I assume they'd want and accept wholly unfettered immigration.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

That wasn't my takeaway from the article I thought JT was just swooping in and offering everyone maple candy. (For the record the OP was tongue in cheek directed at a certain subset of my northern neighbors on here, someone I'm not naming names but his initials are CaptainCanada seems to be one of them)
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a deep breath, everything will be OK...
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-canada-idUSKBN15C0RI?il=0

Thanks guys I appreciate it. You have lots of extra room. To be perfectly honest you have better benefits so I am surprised why you are not preferred over the US. Anywho, since many of the Canadians have been lambasting the US, I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up. I sho' hope that doesn't implode your social services you're always bragging on and end up with any culture clashes (you seem to have integrated Quebec so well). Well I await your gushing about Trudeau and how awesometastic this development is especially in like a decade. Here's toasting a shot of Seagram's with a Molsen.

Why would you make such silly assumptions?

Well based on being told how evil the USA is for limiting immigration I assume they'd want and accept wholly unfettered immigration.

Oh this one is directed at the subset too.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Take a deep breath, everything will be OK...

I know. We're sending all of our illegal immigrants to Canada. Huzzah
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Take a deep breath, everything will be OK...

I know. We're sending all of our illegal immigrants to Canada. Huzzah

This is just a smart ass remark
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

That wasn't my takeaway from the article I thought JT was just swooping in and offering everyone maple candy. (For the record the OP was tongue in cheek directed at a certain subset of my northern neighbors on here, someone I'm not naming names but his initials are CaptainCanada seems to be one of them)

im not sure you understand anyones position here. you seem to have this drive with excluding the middle and pretending the only choices are to block everyone or allow everyone without scrutiny. your arguments just dont match up to reality.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

That wasn't my takeaway from the article I thought JT was just swooping in and offering everyone maple candy. (For the record the OP was tongue in cheek directed at a certain subset of my northern neighbors on here, someone I'm not naming names but his initials are CaptainCanada seems to be one of them)

im not sure you understand anyones position here. you seem to have this drive with excluding the middle and pretending the only choices are to block everyone or allow everyone without scrutiny. your arguments just dont match up to reality.

Did you read the posts? This is directed at the asshattery of certain posters lambasting the US. It doesn't have to match up to reality because they don't
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Did you read the posts? This is directed at the asshattery of certain posters lambasting the US.

do you think the united states is beyond reproach?

Quote:
It doesn't have to match up to reality because they don't

yikes. seriously, i hope you reconsider your position here.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.

Not saying you're wrong, but I find it hard to believe countries would classify people as non-refugees as those without at least $27,000. So Canada only takes wealthy refugees, those who are dirt poor and have nothing (say back from the Ethiopian famine era) are turned away? Likewise paperwork. If they have fled war-torn countries where they lost everything they get turned away? I understand why one would do that but sort of fails the true 'welcome' test.

As extensive as people claim the refugee process is, people still slip through the net. Don't kid yourself to think it's foolproof. People become radicalised once settled too. Just because they have a clean record at the time of processing doesn't mean they won't look back, develop hatred for the new home and take up arms.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As extensive as people claim the refugee process is, people still slip through the net. Don't kid yourself to think it's foolproof. People become radicalised once settled too.


Yes, and that is the problem in Europe but that is a different issue. In Europe, they let immigrants in but they haven't assimilated well. They tend to have far higher unemployment rates then the natives and that leads to unrest, particularly in the second generation.


That is why you have to control immigration and make sure you vet the people properly which is exactly what the U.S has done since 1980. There isn't a problem with the current system, it is Trump's imagined problem. He is creating a division that didn't exist a few days ago and based on the reaction around the world, he has made things a lot worse.


This hasn't been thought out and his ban applies to people that aren't creating any problems while not addressing potential problems (eg. tourist visas, student visas etc.). That's why I think it is plain fear mongering, getting people worked up on the fear of a terrorist attack.

You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replies are on point so far. Just want to add.... Have you ever been in Canada? And i'm not talking about vancouver in July or some weekend getaway in Whistler. We are called the Great White North for a reason. The people that do immigrate here find it 'unlivable' compared to what they are used to. Some adapt, the rest move to Toronto, Vancouver or Montreal. Anyways, we are doing what we can, eh?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So why the ban?

Has something changed?


Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The funniest thing would be if Mexico took in 100k muslim immigrants. Then opened up some ladder and shovel companies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Team Off Constantly
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.


You have violate LR rules with this post.

Never reply to a snarky post by a Trump ballwasher with facts. They will call you names.

What part(s) are factual? Seriously.

I think it's great that the Canadian PM has openly offered to take on the refugees.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-canada-idUSKBN15C0RI?il=0

Thanks guys I appreciate it. You have lots of extra room. To be perfectly honest you have better benefits so I am surprised why you are not preferred over the US. Anywho, since many of the Canadians have been lambasting the US, I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up. I sho' hope that doesn't implode your social services you're always bragging on and end up with any culture clashes (you seem to have integrated Quebec so well). Well I await your gushing about Trudeau and how awesometastic this development is especially in like a decade. Here's toasting a shot of Seagram's with a Molsen.

This is not the first time Canada has picked up the slack. My grandfather escaped the Russian famine of 1921 - a famine that killed nearly 5 million people. He knew that he would be denied entry to the United States due to the Russian Quota act of 1921. He instead was welcomed by Canada. Once he became a Canadian citizen, he was able to avoid deportation as a Russian, and snuck across the Canadian border into the US, where he applied for a green card as a Canadian citizen instead. So yes, thank you Canada. I am the American dream. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So why the ban?

Has something changed?

It's fear mongering and politics. On the campaign trail, Trump promised to make Americans safer. It sounds good when you can point the finger to immigrants and say they are the reason for "all" the terror attacks against Americans. Governments want to spread fear and then make it look like they are doing things to make the country safer.

When the economy slows or it's hard to find a job, people blame immigrants because it's easy. When governments want to get people to support them, they spread fear, telling people that you need the government to keep you safe. It happens all the time.

The problem is that on this issue, Trump is completely wrong because the threat doesn't exist. If he really wanted to make the country safer, he would go after Internet message boards where radical Islam is spread. Or he would tighten up travel or education visas where far more people enter without nearly the vetting in place.

The U.S needs the Muslim countries to help fight ISIS and Trump is damaging that. He also said he would allow Christians in Syria to enter, and that will play as more proof that this is a war of civilizations, Muslim vs. Christian. It's a dangerous policy that has no upside since the immigrants from those countries have never committed a terrorist attack. There is no upside to this policy, but pretty significant risks.



You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So why the ban?

Has something changed?

It's fear mongering and politics. On the campaign trail, Trump promised to make Americans safer. It sounds good when you can point the finger to immigrants and say they are the reason for "all" the terror attacks against Americans. Governments want to spread fear and then make it look like they are doing things to make the country safer.

When the economy slows or it's hard to find a job, people blame immigrants because it's easy. When governments want to get people to support them, they spread fear, telling people that you need the government to keep you safe. It happens all the time.

The problem is that on this issue, Trump is completely wrong because the threat doesn't exist. If he really wanted to make the country safer, he would go after Internet message boards where radical Islam is spread. Or he would tighten up travel or education visas where far more people enter without nearly the vetting in place.

The U.S needs the Muslim countries to help fight ISIS and Trump is damaging that. He also said he would allow Christians in Syria to enter, and that will play as more proof that this is a war of civilizations, Muslim vs. Christian. It's a dangerous policy that has no upside since the immigrants from those countries have never committed a terrorist attack. There is no upside to this policy, but pretty significant risks.


Obama had 8 years to make Americans feel safer. Americans (the U.S. kind) voted for a change of plans. It's how our system of democracy works. You should get familiar with it.

And your own fear mongering is noted.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what your saying is Canada limits immigration of poor people and/or those from war torn areas who can't be vetted? Maybe the Social Justice Warriors and clueless who are protesting in the United States should cross our northern border and start shouting at Trudeau.

Sanuk wrote:
I'm assuming you're willing to take any and all refugees without regard for anything and not doing any vetting and taking in any amount that wants to show up.

I think you've been reading to many of the fear mongering headlines from Trump. So, to put things into a little perspective here is what happens in Canada for refugees.

First, any refugee has to be certified as a refugee by the country they have landed in or by the UNHCR, not an easy process when there are hundreds of thousands of refugees lining up. Next, Canadian officials go to the country they are in to confirm your identity (also not easy for refugees who don't always have identity papers. No papers, the process stops). Next, officials from Canada interview you and the entire family. Next is a security screening with Interpol and to check for any criminal activity. Then comes a medical screening for you and the family.

A refugee family of 4 will need $27,000 to enter. Then, they have to find a sponsor and the sponsor has to complete a questionnaire of 150 questions. If the sponsor tells a lie, the process stops.

The immigration process for refugees takes on average 18 months. The process is harder in the U.S because all refugees are screened by the various intelligence agencies.

Since 1975, not 1 American has been killed in the U.S by a refugee coming from one of the 7 countries with the ban.

So to answer your question, Canada would be more than happy to take the refugees that were approved to come to the U.S because those people have been screened very carefully.

You guys will let people come in with a tourist visa with minimal review. You can keep them, we will take the refugees.
Quote Reply
Re: Canada picking up the slack [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Americans (the U.S. kind) voted for a change of plans. It's how our system of democracy works. You should get familiar with it.

That's fine and I respect that.

People do have a right to speak out and many have.

But the criticism of Trump's moves, and in particular the Friday EO concerning immigration has come from far and wide within his own GOP party, from the head's of some of the largest brands and businesses in the world (Nike, Starbucks, Google, Facebook etc . .), from many the leaders of many foreign countries, The Mayors of most of the larger cities in the U.S., even from Wall Street - I note that late today, the CEO of Goldman Sacks has even waded into the fray, calling Trump out on this.

How much opposition to this do you need to see, before you might consider the fact that Trump's gone over the line here?


Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jan 30, 17 15:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next