Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients
Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
“Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly,” Mr. Cohen said in a statement to The New York Times. “The payment to Ms. Clifford was lawful, and was not a campaign contribution or a campaign expenditure by anyone.”

He declined to answer several follow-up questions, including whether Mr. Trump had been aware that Mr. Cohen made the payment, why he made the payment or whether he had made similar payments to other people over the years.

At least they now admit they made the payment.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The lawyer still says they didn't do anything! So he pays a liar 130K when Trump just dismisses all other allegations.

http://adambeston.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He declined to answer several follow-up questions, including whether Mr. Trump had been aware that Mr. Cohen made the payment

Is that really a question?


You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I look forward to yet another WH press briefing today where Sarah Sanders repeatedly parrots the phrase, "I'm not able to give you any information on that at this time."
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And? So...

Nothing will come of this.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An important fact remains that he made the payment right at the exact time that the “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape came out.

Huckabee, Graham, Pence and all the other evangelicals will dismiss this also. POS hypocrites all.

"Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude."
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob2681 wrote:
An important fact remains that he made the payment right at the exact time that the “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape came out.

Huckabee, Graham, Pence and all the other evangelicals will dismiss this also. POS hypocrites all.

And? So?

Do you think anyone who voted for Trump gives a shit?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One has to wonder if this is yet another attempt to shift the coverage from the leading story of the day which is either the Porter security clearance fiasco. Or, the testimony yesterday by the intel leaders that the Russians are still attempting to hack our elections and that Trump has not instructed them to try and stop it.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump was simply showing his generosity in helping a poor starving actress who had experienced several hard times. He was trying to help her get back on her feet after spending some quality time on her back. You are making a big deal out of something tiny.


I agree that any evangelical that tries to explain this away "should" lose all credibility. I also agree with Blep that this won't make any difference to his core base.
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Feb 14, 18 6:06
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Nothing will come of this.

That's what Donnie said to Stormy, after 'failure to launch'...
Last edited by: spookini: Feb 14, 18 6:11
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [rob2681] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob2681 wrote:
An important fact remains that he made the payment right at the exact time that the “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape came out.

Huckabee, Graham, Pence and all the other evangelicals will dismiss this also. POS hypocrites all.

When it comes to sexual harassment I don't think any side has a leg to stand on.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
An important fact remains that he made the payment right at the exact time that the “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape came out.

Huckabee, Graham, Pence and all the other evangelicals will dismiss this also. POS hypocrites all.


When it comes to sexual harassment I don't think any side has a leg to stand on.

I guess it's all good, then.

----------------------------------
"i disagree with your analysis [or judgment], nevertheless you have the responsibility of moderating this board so i honor your authority to make the moderating decisions."
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We really need Duffy to come back and fix this.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Already off of FoxNews homepage after they ran it early this AM with the headline "WH calms the waters". Hahahhahaha.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
An important fact remains that he made the payment right at the exact time that the “grab ‘em by the pussy” tape came out.

Huckabee, Graham, Pence and all the other evangelicals will dismiss this also. POS hypocrites all.


And? So?

Do you think anyone who voted for Trump gives a shit?

I make no claims to be a campaign finance expert. But this brings up a lot of FEC questions around in kind contributions, etc.

I want this guy to be my lawyer though. Handing out 6 figures and expecting nothing back. That is a hell of a friend. My friends really need to step up their game.

We are so fucked.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
rob2681 wrote:
I want this guy to be my lawyer though. Handing out 6 figures and expecting nothing back. That is a hell of a friend.
They discussed it the locker room. During "locker room talk" time.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that any evangelical that tries to explain this away "should" lose all credibility.

The evangelicals who voted for Trump and have looked past his past and current behavior lost credibility a long time ago.


You're such a Trump ball washer! - Duffy - Feb 8, 17 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someday an invoice will surface showing $130,000 payment to the lawyer from trump but for something totally unrelated, of course!




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's amazing that people are so anti-gay, but infidelity, multiple divorces and sexual harassment...no big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
Someday an invoice will surface showing $130,000 payment to the lawyer from trump but for something totally unrelated, of course!

And she will receive a 1099-Misc

Serious question for that much money, doesn't that need to be reported on income taxes?
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:

Quote:

“Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly,” Mr. Cohen said in a statement to The New York Times. “The payment to Ms. Clifford was lawful, and was not a campaign contribution or a campaign expenditure by anyone.”

He declined to answer several follow-up questions, including whether Mr. Trump had been aware that Mr. Cohen made the payment, why he made the payment or whether he had made similar payments to other people over the years.


At least they now admit they made the payment.

So impeach 45 or nah?
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
copy / paste from a smart friend:

"...let’s see what he didn’t say that the press are glomming onto:
In talking about the FEC complaint that he facilitated a payment from the Trump campaign to Ms. Daniels, he very carefully does not deny the truth of that allegation but says “the allegations in the complaint are factually unsupported and without legal merit”. This only addresses the papers that were filed, not the actual complaint.
Later he says:
“In a private transaction in 2016, I used my own personal funds to facilitate a payment of $130,000 to Ms. Stephanie Clifford. Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford, and neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly”
“My own personal funds to “facilitate” a payment of $130k”
Now, that could mean he paid the $130 out of the goodness of his heart and Trump didn’t have anything to do with it. It does not state that he paid the $130. He paid funds to facilitate. That could mean he paid the transaction fees to set up the LLC that paid the money, and it could have been Trump’s money or his campaign’s money. Which makes more sense?
“Neither the Trump Organization nor the Trump campaign was a party to the transaction with Ms. Clifford”
From the reporting we already knew that was true. Cohen, as he admits in his statement, set up an LLC which was the counterparty (payer) to the transaction. People want to read his statement broadly to include the transaction of the money being paid to the LLC - he didn’t say that, and he should be asked about that. This also is not a statement saying Trump or his campaign didn’t pay the money.
“(Trump) neither reimbursed me for the payment, either directly or indirectly”
But, here he means the payment to facilitate, so should that not mean Cohen paid the $130k, but instead said “I’ll pick up the transaction fees”, and then Trump didn’t reimburse him for that, this would still be a factually true statement.
These are smart people (the lawyers). Don’t think it’s far fetched to parse a lawyer’s language, especially if it looks carefully crafted."



"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

I make no claims to be a campaign finance expert. But this brings up a lot of FEC questions around in kind contributions, etc.

I want this guy to be my lawyer though. Handing out 6 figures and expecting nothing back. That is a hell of a friend. My friends really need to step up their game.

Wait a minute, I thought Mexico was going to pay for it... or am I mixing things up?
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [too.tall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One has to wonder if this is yet another attempt to shift the coverage from the leading story of the day which is either the Porter security clearance fiasco.//

You know when the WH is having an especially bad news cycle, and this goes for any WH, they try and pivot to some other story that is positive. Trump's did this when they got the tax bill through, to get off something awful. And right now I cannot recall what that awful was, there has been so much winning in that area for them


But now they have some piece of shit news cycle going on and they can only pivot to the next shitty one so they we can forget the last on. Now that is something new, but of course what positive do they have to switch the news too right now anyway. Guess I could go over to FOX and maybe there would be something, but most likely just a condemnation of the witch hunt against the lawyer now..


And no his supporters do not care, they are in on this ship and will be watching the rats jump off before they do..
Quote Reply
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
It's amazing that people are so anti-gay, but infidelity, multiple divorces and sexual harassment...no big deal.

Who is saying it's no big deal?
Quote Reply

Prev Next