Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone work for the secret service?
Quote | Reply
So last Tuesday we have two guys in suits, rubber gloves rummaging around in our dumpster. One of the guys goes out and asks them what they are doing and where all the trash came from that has now filled our dumpster. He asks for ID and they produce Secret Service badges. They also give him 2-3 secret service medallions from a box full of them they have in their trunk.

Long story short apparently they picked all this trash up, had it transferred to our dumpster and proceeded to go thru all the trash bag by bag....then emptied our dumpster entirely.

Same thing happens today except only a few bags rather then half a dumpster full or so.

What makes no sense to me is two things. First you would think they would have a place to do this kind of stuff. Why use our dumpster? Second, WTF?! They didn't call, ask or anything they just did it and acted like we had no choice about.

I'm not really sure I should be happy or pissed or leery. I can't quite understand how this can be standard operating procedure so I'm not convinced it's legit at all. If it is legit, again, WTF, eminent domain on my dumpster? OTOH I've had my dumpster completely emptied for free apparently for the last two weeks in a row.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My employee goes shooting with an ex-ss agent. I'll see what I can dig up. It may take a few days.

It's only smellz.

- Rocco Siffredi
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why didn't you call the police? I'm sure they can call the Rockford or Chicago field office to confirm their credentials
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This all sounds pretty sketchy.

Maybe it's your operation that is the target of some sort of investigation, and this is some sort of in-plain-view/double-bluff way to confiscate all your trash so they can go look at it elsewhere. Have you been threatening presidents or counterfeiting currency...? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most federal creds have a badge and a 3x5 inch laminated ID along with them and should
be displayed together when proving identification.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a false flag operation by Hillary.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As its the secret service, I can neither confirm nor deny anything, other than to say.... You're going down sucka! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did they have a Russian accent.

_________________________________
I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gathering potential evidence. If I remember it has something to due with you basically don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy once you discard your trash. So it's basically free game. Do we get upset with the local homeless person is dumpster diving??
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
They didn't call, ask or anything they just did it and acted like we had no choice about.


Do you own the dumpster, or does the municipality own it?

If you're not really sure they're actually SS, call the cops. If you think they're really SS, but you think this is maybe a shady way for SS to do business, you're probably out of luck.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Last edited by: slowguy: Apr 5, 17 3:56
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just put some really slimy gross shit in there and then they would have to touch it. Im thinking road kill or some other smelly vile shit. LOL.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just take a dump in a plastic bag every morning and put that in the trash so they'll have to rifle through that. If you can't bring yourself to crap in a plastic bag I'm sure you can find someone on this forum to help you.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here, for $26 you can play special agent, too.[/url]

They pass out medallions (challenge coins)? Like a kid getting a set of wings when they fly commercial? Sounds fishy.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [Trash_Panda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trash_Panda wrote:
Gathering potential evidence. If I remember it has something to due with you basically don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy once you discard your trash. So it's basically free game. Do we get upset with the local homeless person is dumpster diving??

that only counts once you put it out in the curb. if its still up by the building, they are trespassing and they need a warrant. you are well within your rights to tell them to fuck off.




who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't have something to hide, then what's the issue?

Juric is an eastern bloc name. Commrade?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
If you don't have something to hide, then what's the issue?


Ahhh, yes, the very question that has led to the rise of the large surveillance state we now have, apparently collecting so much data that nobody can actually make sense of much of it. Everyone is a suspect.

Does that not bother you at all?

Matt -- Like others have said, I'd call the police to notify them and ensure that these guys are legitimate SS and that they have followed proper protocol to be going through your dumpster. It might be worth calling your local U.S. Marshal's field office, as they'll likely have easier/better connections to the SS.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
So last Tuesday we have two guys in suits, rubber gloves rummaging around in our dumpster. One of the guys goes out and asks them what they are doing and where all the trash came from that has now filled our dumpster. He asks for ID and they produce Secret Service badges. They also give him 2-3 secret service medallions from a box full of them they have in their trunk.

Long story short apparently they picked all this trash up, had it transferred to our dumpster and proceeded to go thru all the trash bag by bag....then emptied our dumpster entirely.

Same thing happens today except only a few bags rather then half a dumpster full or so.

What makes no sense to me is two things. First you would think they would have a place to do this kind of stuff. Why use our dumpster? Second, WTF?! They didn't call, ask or anything they just did it and acted like we had no choice about.

I'm not really sure I should be happy or pissed or leery. I can't quite understand how this can be standard operating procedure so I'm not convinced it's legit at all. If it is legit, again, WTF, eminent domain on my dumpster? OTOH I've had my dumpster completely emptied for free apparently for the last two weeks in a row.

~Matt

Best friend is a special agent in the SS. 1st off, you'll generally never see SS agents in suits like that unless they're in protective detail - the average SS agent just wears normal clothes as the large focus of the SS is money related crimes.

Going through dumpsters isn't off limits though - garbage is public domain unfortunately, so going through trash that's outside in plain sight is allowed. They're generally not going to alert someone to going through trash as they're usually looking for evidence of a financial crime.

As for the challenge coins, you generally don't get "2-3" just for saying hi - they're usually earned or given for a reason, and usually not in multiples. I have one that was given to me by my friend, but not multiple.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
If you don't have something to hide, then what's the issue?



Ahhh, yes, the very question that has led to the rise of the large surveillance state we now have, apparently collecting so much data that nobody can actually make sense of much of it. Everyone is a suspect.

Does that not bother you at all?

Matt -- Like others have said, I'd call the police to notify them and ensure that these guys are legitimate SS and that they have followed proper protocol to be going through your dumpster. It might be worth calling your local U.S. Marshal's field office, as they'll likely have easier/better connections to the SS.

If you're asking me, then I don't live in paranoia. In addition, I know my city police chief, a couple of US Marshals, a couple of FBI, and my U.S. Senator. One call and I would have results. But again, I'm not paranoid.

If you asking me about snooping in general, then I'm against my government snooping on any legal citizen without warrant.

Maybe the POTUS is visiting Matt's sleepy little town and the SS is simply doing it's routine preparations of looking into all manholes and dumptsers.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems fishy to me, but probably not out of the realm of possibility I guess?...

As redfox said, it's particularly odd that they gave out multiple coins - that's strange - coins wouldn't normally be given out for something like that, and definitely not in multiples.

But on the flip side, it would be a heckuva an elaborate ruse to go through the trouble of getting fake coins made if these guys are posers.

I worked with the SS quite a bit in my past life (USAF aircrew supporting presidential trips) - we would haul around limos, SS bubbas and gear, etc - nothing sexy. The SS peeps were always good folks to work with, but I never got a coin from any of them. However, over the years, I did end up with a box full of 8x10 pictures of a previous-generation White House limo (exact picture shown below)...

The SS folks sure did like giving away those limo glossies!



Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [Hydro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hydro wrote:
But on the flip side, it would be a heckuva an elaborate ruse to go through the trouble of getting fake coins made if these guys are posers.

Not too elaborate. 500 challenge coins can be had for less than a buck each. I have no idea if this is what a real one looks like, but I'd bet few do. Nevertheless, if an 'agent' pulled out a hand full from a box, I'd be suspicious.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
If you don't have something to hide, then what's the issue?



Ahhh, yes, the very question that has led to the rise of the large surveillance state we now have, apparently collecting so much data that nobody can actually make sense of much of it. Everyone is a suspect.

Does that not bother you at all?

Matt -- Like others have said, I'd call the police to notify them and ensure that these guys are legitimate SS and that they have followed proper protocol to be going through your dumpster. It might be worth calling your local U.S. Marshal's field office, as they'll likely have easier/better connections to the SS.

Except the USMS is part of DOJ and the USSS is part of DHS. Maybe better connections than the police but it's still an entirely different department of the government.

2017 Races:
Augusta 70.3 September 24th | New Orleans 70.3 October 22nd | Cartagena 70.3 December 3rd

Gear: Dimond Bikes | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, but if Matt is concerned about establishing the legitimacy of this situation he's likely to have a more efficient path to do so by being able to contact a local USMS as opposed to the local police and probably easier to get in touch with regional USMS people than DHS administrative people. I'd think it's much more likely that a regional USMS will be able to connect the dots on this than another path.



The GMAN wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
If you don't have something to hide, then what's the issue?



Ahhh, yes, the very question that has led to the rise of the large surveillance state we now have, apparently collecting so much data that nobody can actually make sense of much of it. Everyone is a suspect.

Does that not bother you at all?

Matt -- Like others have said, I'd call the police to notify them and ensure that these guys are legitimate SS and that they have followed proper protocol to be going through your dumpster. It might be worth calling your local U.S. Marshal's field office, as they'll likely have easier/better connections to the SS.


Except the USMS is part of DOJ and the USSS is part of DHS. Maybe better connections than the police but it's still an entirely different department of the government.
Last edited by: MidwestRoadie: Apr 5, 17 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bm wrote:
Just take a dump in a plastic bag every morning and put that in the trash so they'll have to rifle through that. If you can't bring yourself to crap in a plastic bag I'm sure you can find someone on this forum to help you.

Awesome, especially with your forum nic!!!

Winning, make dumpster diving great again.

************************

#WeAreTheForge

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
bm wrote:
Just take a dump in a plastic bag every morning and put that in the trash so they'll have to rifle through that. If you can't bring yourself to crap in a plastic bag I'm sure you can find someone on this forum to help you.


Awesome, especially with your forum nic!!!

Winning, make dumpster diving great again.

I'm glad someone recognized the greatness of that post and the nickname of the person posting it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone work for the secret service? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe they were looking for hooker receipt?
Quote Reply

Prev Next