FIRST THING: We have a FAQ. Via a button at the top of the page you'll see RULES AND LEGEND. Please click that phrase, and then click FORUM FAQ at the bottom of that page.
SECOND THING: This is a non-reply-to thread. But you can reply to any other thread you see here, or start your own thread(s) to comment on what you read or see here. Enjoy this forum!
1. Thread titles should be short and to the point, and should start with:
a. Help Wanted: [brief description in thread title] Best to state in the body of the post where the job is (geographically), as well as a description of duties. Add more detail as you wish. You may or may not choose to state the name of your company, as you wish.
b. I'm available: [brief description in thread title]State what you're looking for. Paste your resume if you want. State where it is you're willing to live.
c. Resume Critique: [brief description in thread title] Sort of a jobs-related version of "critique my position." Be prepared to hear "your seat is too high." (inside forum joke). If you really need help on your resume, as it happens one of Mrs. Slowman's business modules is helping prospective job seekers author impressive resumes.
d. Services offered: [brief description in thread title] You're offering a service to the bike industry. Let's keep this limited to the bike industry.
e. Business for sale: [brief description in thread title] If you're selling a business, in the bike industry or otherwise, post it here.
f. Business to buy: [brief description in thread title] If you want to buy a business, in the bike industry or otherwise, post it here.
g. Industry question: [brief description in thread title] If you're looking to invest in the industry but you have questions as part of your due diligence, post it here.
Examples of thread titles:
Help Wanted: F.I.S.T.-certified bike fitter in NYC
I'm available: Experience bike mechanic in metro Philly
Help Wanted: Outside bike industry sales rep in Midwest
Business to buy: Golden parachute burning hole in pocket
Industry question: Are there jobs in the bike biz for retired pensioner?
Services offered: Experienced stateside high volume bike painter
2. You may bump once per week, no more. In your bump, say the position is still available, or that you're still looking for a position.
3. Should your need be satisfied (i.e., the position was filled), please go in and edit the title on your original post. In place of Help Wanted or Position Desired write Satisfied. You may also want to place a final post at the end of the thread announcing this.
4. You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available content that violates federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws, including but not limited to, stating in any advertisement for employment a preference or requirement based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
5. You agree not to post, email, or otherwise make available content with respect to employers that employ four or more employees that violates the anti-discrimination provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, including requiring U.S. citizenship or lawful permanent residency (green card status) as a condition for employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulation, executive order, or federal, state, or local government contract.