Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Help Wanted: Tri-geek editor with writing chops
Quote | Reply
Position: Assistant Editor
Company: Spanfeller Media Group
Duration: Full-Time with Medical, Dental, Vision and Stock Options

Spanfeller Media Group seeks an entry-level assistant editor for its forthcoming active lifestyles website.

The assistant editor will mine the active sports community—from Ironman's Ali’i Drive homestretch to the Eiger’s legendary North Face—for the latest news on the sports, adventures, locales, health and fitness, people and gear that encapsulate the active lifestyle; will pitch, research and write active lifestyles news items and trends for multiple daily posts; engage a community of like-minded athletes and adventurers; and help increase brand awareness across social media platforms.

For this particular post, we're seeking a dedicated endurance expert—a triathlete, marathoner, adventure racer, or, better yet, a perfect storm of all three. If you record and analyze every workout, obsess over shaving seconds from your transition times, frequently exercise in the predawn hours and plan your meals out days in advance, then you are the person we're looking for. We want a gearhead with a brain, a heart, legs of steel and a sense of humor.

This is an exciting opportunity for an entry-level journalist to get in on the ground floor of what will soon be the world's best source of authoritative, inspiring, enlightening content for living the active, adventurous life.

Knowledge of, and participation in, active sports is a distinct advantage. We want people who live and breathe the active life and, by extension, are members of the audience they're speaking to. The perfect candidate also has real world journalism experience—be it on a newspaper, magazine or website staff—prior media internships, or a graduate degree in journalism. He/she is a social media wunderkind or web-savvy type who's not afraid of a bit of HTML or CSS. Most importantly, though, the successful applicant is smart, hard-working, hungry to learn and eager to prove himself/herself at a performance-driven, growth-oriented startup.

On our team, we guarantee adventure!

Spanfeller Media Group's (SMG) first website—TheDailyMeal.com—covers every aspect of the food and drink experience: restaurants, chefs, food trends, cookbooks, wine and spirits, healthy dining, home entertaining, food-oriented travel and, of course, cooking.

Our second site—working name The Active Times—is launching shortly and we are building our team! The Active Times will be dedicated to all things related to the active, outdoor life, including destinations, gear, interviews and much, much more.

Please send applications, including a resume, cover letter, two clips and salary requirements to Peter Koch at pkoch@spanfellergroup.com. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Help Wanted: Tri-geek editor with writing chops [peterckoch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed you!

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply