Luckett & Farley Architects, Engineers and Construction Managers, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Mechanical Engineer or Senior Mechanical Designer to join our large and well established MEP Department. We are currently offering a $5,000.00 Sign-On Bonus to each successful candidate.
Director of MEP Engineering
Background and Experience:
First-hand experience in the design of all aspects of facility HVAC systems appropriate for both new construction and renovation of a variety of building types. The ideal candidate’s experience will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Experience in developing heating and cooling load calculations.
- Experience in designing, sizing, specifying and selecting HVAC equipment.
- Experience in sizing and routing ductwork in complex building types oftentimes requiring coordination with other engineering disciplines and building infrastructure components.
- Successfully working directly with Owners, User Groups, Vendors, Suppliers, Manufacturer Representatives, Code Authorities, as well as, co-workers such as architects, structural and electrical engineers, project managers, administrative staff and others to provide high quality, well coordinated and technically proficient mechanical engineering design solutions for a variety of project assignments.
- Actively participate in project meetings during design and construction activities to represent the Company. It is possible that some of these meetings may require travel involving both day trips and some overnight stays to out of town project locations.
- The preparation of graphic and written construction documents, including preparing the appropriate written (or edited) specification sections for typing by in-house administrative support staff and the use of AutoCAD (primarily) to prepare design drawings.
- Demonstrated track record of designing the most appropriate HVAC systems within the client’s budget and time limitations coupled with the ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplined team environment on multiple projects, sometimes with competing deadline or milestone requirements.
- Lead or self direct site visits to evaluate various facility types during assessment of the existing HVAC infrastructure and/or performing similar field survey work in advance of the preparation of appropriate design and project construction phasing solutions.
Skills and Abilities:
· AutoCAD proficiency. Microstation and REVIT experience will be considered a plus.
· Exhibits “self starter” characteristics coupled with a track record of completing scheduled project deliverables on time and on budget.
· Ability to properly assess and then take appropriate action to identify and solve problems during design or in the field during construction.
· Exhibiting a high sense of personal motivation and urgency.
· Familiarity with HVAC controls and sequencing, troubleshooting and commissioning background is a plus.
· Other activities not specified here, that may become necessary as the Company, position or the marketplace evolves with the changing business environment.
Ideal Education, Registrations and Experience:
· Preferred 3 to 10 years of professional experience.
· Bachelor of Engineering from a ABET accredited institution or equivalent professional experience.
· For Mechanical Engineers, professional registration in KY preferred and NCEES will be considered a plus.
· For Senior Mechanical Designers, Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) completion will be considered a plus.
· LEED accredited professional a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
· Luckett & Farley is committed to providing an environment, culture and reward structure that is highly competitive in the marketplace. The successful candidate will enjoy a strong compensation package that is commensurate to the quality of deliverables.
· Benefits include health insurance, group life insurance, short and long term disability, flex time, matching 401-k, ESOP, FSA, Dental and a generous PTO program.
For immediate consideration please contact:
Ericka Holbert, Talent Scout
Luckett & Farley Architects, Engineers and Construction Managers, Inc
Telephone: (502) 585-4181 extension 322
Post directly to our website at www.luckett-farley.com
Luckett & Farley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
g:\general\jerdonek\job description mechanical engineer.doc