Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Short of fit bike... best adjustable length crank + BB
Quote | Reply
Currently got an old set of power cranks but wanted to see if there was anything newer out there for playing with crank lengths from 140 - 190. Thanks in advance.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Short of fit bike... best adjustable length crank + BB [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not really. most adjustable cranks are for square taper, and are not designed to be road ridden.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Short of fit bike... best adjustable length crank + BB [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's okay. not intending for open road, just to put on the bike during the fit process to gather the ideal length then remove and put a permanent crank there.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Short of fit bike... best adjustable length crank + BB [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
again, it's the BB compatibility - Powercranks does make an adjustable crank, but I"m not seeing it for BB30 or PF30. You could set it up on a neutral bike frame dedicated for fitting purposes, rather than trying to adapt it to the consumers' bike.

But, if you're a Coach, and doing Fittings, it might be easier to buy the right tool for the right job, and get an Exit Cycle MkII. Business expense, respect from your clients, etc etc.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply