Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pulling Stack and Reach from angular fit bike
Quote | Reply
I am having some difficulty using an older Serotta fit bike to obtain traditional stack and reach data. Basically, I am measuring to an arbitrary point on the adjustable headtube that I think would roughly be where the actual middle of the top of the headtube would be. There has got to be a better way. What is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling Stack and Reach from angular fit bike [Grande Pelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you trying to determine the head-tube length relative to a specific stack height? You can measure from the floor to the head-tube; floor to bb spindle, and subtract the latter from the former. Other options are the Purely Custom X/Y tool or a jig.
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling Stack and Reach from angular fit bike [bicyclefitguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the exit fit bike's reference tool for this. Make sure the bike is level, put a level on the reference tool. Adjust the reference tool to the bikes stack and reach, mark the tool and measure.

http://www.mybicyclefit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pulling Stack and Reach from angular fit bike [Grande Pelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best to take the X and Y to the handlebar clamp and then stick the front end you WOULD have stuck onto an exit or retul bike into THIS CALCULATOR. this will get you your stack and reach.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply