Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feedback Wanted - RideFinder WebApp
Quote | Reply
Hey All,

I'm a recently certified fitter just starting my small business on the side, and I've created a tool that I would love some feedback on. The RideFinder tool is built to deliver a complete bike solutions in accordance with the FIST principles, in terms of specific bike model, size, stem pitch, length, and spacer/topcap amount. I'm using a database I populated myself which includes over 1,000 bikes, including women's specific models, cross, track, road, and triathlon.

Anyway, the idea behind this tool is to provide a rider a complete list of options after having done a professional bike fit. The results are broken down by how optimal the stem configuration is (-17, -6, +6), and also give pricing information. The tool currently provides for options that a fitter has time to calculate, and while could overwhelm a total beginner, could prove handy for cyclists looking for well-fitting bikes on the secondhand market.

This is only version 1 and I would like to keep it simple.

If you have time to check it out, I would greatly appreciate the feedback! Feel free to use the tool right now for making bike recommendations prior to fittings. Also, the math and logic I've had to script for this tool was a bit of a challenge. If you come across some results that don't add up, please reach out to me so I can investigate and fix!

http://fitmyride.us/ridefinder/

1. As a professional bike fitter would a tool like this be useful to you?
  2. Do you think non-fitters would be interested in this tool?
  3. Any other comments or feedback?

Thanks!
Quote Reply