Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arm rests on 3T Aura
Quote | Reply
Im seeing more and more clients with the 3T Aura thanks to cervelo.
In so many cases my clients aren't comfortable with the narrow position of the rests. What are you guys doing about this other than swapping out the whole aero bar?
Are there widening brackets available? Do the Venus pads fit and are they any wider?
I don't deal 3T and their website isn't very helpful.

Thanks

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Arm rests on 3T Aura [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have enough extension that extends behind the clamp, you can use a system like the J3 brackets from Profile to mount directly to the extension.

If you need them really wide than I have modified the all-in-one new J3 clamps (same that come with the Viper, et al.) cut off the base bar clamp section, a little clever grinding, some black spray paint and your left with a ton of position to extend wide. I have several pair of these that I have made for 3T and Speed Concept 9 series and other difficult to get wide bar systems. The other advantage to doing this is you can bring the pads back further.

Good luck

Retul Certified Master Fitter, FIST certified fitter, Owner of Hypercat Racing http://www.hypercat.com, and friend to the animals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've had great success with the Zipp "Vuka Aero Pad Wing Extension" plates. I'll estimate that roughly 65-70% of our P2s leave here with them. Just use the 3T screws to attach the wing to the bar, and the Zipp screws to attach the elbow cup to the wing extension.
Quote Reply
Re: Arm rests on 3T Aura [tom@a-lounge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a part number?
Quote Reply
Re: Arm rests on 3T Aura [dexterbase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the part # is 80.1900.012.000 with UPC of 710845630163.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the zipp wing extenders, to be honest it really didn't workout. I had hope because when installed it looks fine but once you put your weight on them it seems to collapse downwards towards the lower base bar. You have about 1/8 inch ledge where it screws in supporting 3-4 inches of comfort cradle. Tried it over and over with varying degrees of failure.

I called the USA distributor for 3T products and was told that 3T recognizes the issue and is current producing a new pad extension similar to Zipp's that could extend the current wing center dimensions from 163mm to 215mm. I would think that unless its a whole new clip on section it will fail. They will not be available for several months. Fall at best.
Quote Reply
Re: Arm rests on 3T Aura [Gman108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I understand your concern. We've used roughly 20-25 of them since December without any failures. We're always sure to use the 3T screws into the 3T basebar and the ZIpp screws into the Zipp extension. Thanks for the info from 3T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had exact problem and have wide chest....Zipp extensions solved it immediately for about $30. Adds a ton of width and adjustabilityto the padsno more anterior shoulder pain and much easier to breath. Hope that helps
Quote Reply
Re: Arm rests on 3T Aura [mwright] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ 1
Quote Reply
Re: Arm rests on 3T Aura [Gman108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we too have had issues with using Zipp extenders, bolts break etc.
3T says these small parts will be available 'sometime in September'. Of course, this past May they said these parts would be available "sometime in August".

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply