Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp?
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm looking for a set of carbon clinchers. I prefer something 43mm or deeper. I'm not looking to " break the bank " I would prefer an older set of zipp 404's or 303 (non dimpled) is just fine. I would consider Easton, Bontrager, wheels also.

I'm looking to stay in the $550 or less. I know older zipps will sell in the range. Sorry not interested in wheels costing more.

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by: ginofairplay: Sep 29, 14 16:36
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a set of Reynolds 66 Strikes on this forum. Can't do $750, but would do 850
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [StromerGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you read my post?
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oops I read... Looking in the 500-750 range" sorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to send you to a sponsored link, but if you are interested, check out 3SIXTY5 wheels in my signature line.

They are an up and coming company in southern Ontario, Canada and will be happy to ship them to you. Their "legacy 38mm wheelset" of carbon clinchers starts at CAD $600 (~$540 USD?). PM me if you are interested at all. Otherwise...free bump!

Duathlete by choice?
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [blitzkrieg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm really looking to stay in the wheels that have been proven. Zipp,Easton, I don't mean to offend but thank you for your time.

Gene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
selling my far sports 60x25mm clinchers. looking for 430shipped

I LIKE TURTLES!
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [tbellrun23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I've never heard of this model wheel. Is it a china wheel with novatec hubs? Please send me pics. My email is glzl@comcast.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No problem. I understand.

Also...if you are willing to go for older wheelsets, it might help to say just "clincher" instead of "carbon clinchers"... The latter imply a carbon rim+wheel track while the former can be a carbon rim+aluminum brake track.

You are very unlikely to find zipps/mavics as carbon clincher wheelsets in that budget as that tech is only a few years old..only older aluminum clincher ones.

Duathlete by choice?
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [blitzkrieg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I have seen the non dimpled zpps sell for less then $600 so it's realistic. I might have to be patient though
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [tbellrun23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,
Can you please send me pics of the wheels you offered me? Also how many miles are on them? Do they come with brake pads?

My direct email is
glzl@comcast.net

Thanks, Gene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to be selling some Zipp 404s clincher, shimano with al braking surface. I'll be asking around $475 plus shipping. I can provide pics later in the afternoon.

I'll include a DIY rear disc cover for the same price if you like. Let me know if I can help you.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: wanted: set of carbon clinchers (shimano) zipp? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,
Thanks for the response. Please do send me some pics.

My email is
glzl@Comcast.net

Thanks I look forward to seeing them.
Quote Reply