Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Question about sale [Meek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the email exchange. Also note that the first PM on ST said "I live in Gainesville, FL".

July 10, 2015, 8:06 AM
Hi there,

have you had the chance to ship the pedals? I haven't received them yet.

Thanks,

François

Response:

Okay thanks. I hope it works out. I'm on vacation in Mexico where wifi is bad so I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 11, 2015, at 10:06 AM, Francois Modave <francois.modave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> i just checked my paypal account. You sent the pedals to my previous address even though I wrote a note explaining that for some reason PayPal occasionally mixes addresses up. I clearly indicated that my address is in Gainesville as I had also said in my original message to you on ST.
>
> I have contacted the landlord of the place where I lived last year and hope that the current tenants have the pedals as they show as delivered. If not I will request that you refund the payment. I would appreciate an answer to my email.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francois

July 16, 2015, 5:25 PM
This is what the landlord said:

"
Hi Francois - They (new tenants) returned the package. They got a card that said taxes needed to be paid for it so they sent it back. I am sorry we could not get it for you have it shipped to your new address. Thanks
"

NOTE: glad to provide the info of the landlord to seller.

A few days later:

I'll tell you when I do

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 21, 2015, at 4:59 PM, Francois Modave <francois.modave@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> have you received your pedals back and can you get back to me at some stage? Thanks.
>
> --
>

A few more days later:

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015, xxx wrote:

Why would I refund you when I shipped the product where you're paypal said, and you still haven't gotten me my pedals back. This is your fault.

On Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:45 AM, Francois Modave <francois.modave@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm opening a dispute with paypal and outing you on ST. Being on vacation in Mexico does not preclude you from basic courtesy.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Francois [ In reply to ]
Re: Question about sale [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps you can ask one of the moderators to communicate with the seller as well. This does not bode well for the reputation of ST Classifieds as a safe place (assuming all info is confirmed).
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aahydraa wrote:
Perhaps you can ask one of the moderators to communicate with the seller as well. This does not bode well for the reputation of ST Classifieds as a safe place (assuming all info is confirmed).

Have you read THIS yet?

I'm going to assume that you have not read it so go ahead and read it now.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seller has refunded the money, so I suppose the pedals got back to him at some stage. I'll never know really since his MO was to just ignore communication.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Burnt Toast wrote:
aahydraa wrote:

Have you read THIS yet?

Yes I did. You assume wrong.
If I were a person who makes hasty assumptions, I would assume you were a barroom lawyer who delights in stirring up arguments, picking and choosing what to emphasize and what to ignore, rather than finding solutions. Good thing I'm not :).
Anyway. Read number 11. Read it well. Have a good day.
To the OP, number 11 may or may not apply, depending on the evaluation of the moderators. If you feel strongly about it, you might want to pursue this avenue.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale [aahydraa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Number 11 does not apply. "contract between the item's maker and its direct customer"

The seller is NOT the item maker. This is referring to sellers that are peddling their own wears, meaning posters such as Emillio and Desoto apparel.

This bar room lawyer would make a killing on this.

aahydraa wrote:
Burnt Toast wrote:
aahydraa wrote:

Have you read THIS yet?

Yes I did. You assume wrong.
If I were a person who makes hasty assumptions, I would assume you were a barroom lawyer who delights in stirring up arguments, picking and choosing what to emphasize and what to ignore, rather than finding solutions. Good thing I'm not :).
Anyway. Read number 11. Read it well. Have a good day.
To the OP, number 11 may or may not apply, depending on the evaluation of the moderators. If you feel strongly about it, you might want to pursue this avenue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, 11 (eleven) is a 1 followed by another 1. Whereas 12 (twelve) is a 1 followed by a 2 ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thread has become quite entertaining...!
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale: wsuhoops1000?! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad u got your cash back Francois. Were u able to change your PayPal address to the correct destination? Protects the seller and moves things quicker especially if your using click n ship. Not sure why PayPal makes this difficult.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale: wsuhoops1000?! [KEAU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe so. But it was changed before already. There seemed to be a glitch and even though it was updated AND the cc attached to it had the new address it would still revert to the previous one every so often.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about sale: wsuhoops1000?! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened to me for 6 months despite a couple of calls to paypal. Frustrating
Quote Reply

Prev Next