Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for broken bits of CF
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, im looking for a few broken pieces of carbon fiber to experiment with. I am having major problems working on my Softride beams (despite an entire workshop full of tools) i can't seam to get the damn things seperated.
I have some industrial paint removal stuff, which i am sure will melt polyurethane pretty quick, but i have no idea what it will do to carbon fibre and im not willing to risk a rocket beam to find out.
So if you have broken pieces of CF laying around your garage i would really appreciate it, they dont even need to be big. I will happily pay the shipping costs.

Thanks guys and gals.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for broken bits of CF [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Have you looked at this:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Repairing-a-Softride-Rocket-Beam/

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a full carbon fork off a blue ac1sl. I'd send out for the cost of shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for broken bits of CF [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah hugh i did, i used way heavier duty wire then the coat hanger used in the instructable... it snapped the wire. I tried bolting the beam to the forklift at work and chaining the sleeve to the 15 ton overhead crane... didn't budge the damn thing... but i was going easy for fear of overdoing it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well, nevermind, this beam must have been epoxy'd in place, the CF shattered as i was trying to pull the sleeve off the beam... so now i have authentic rocket CF to test.
Quote Reply