Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTT- Hed Stinger for 808 or PX 82
Quote | Reply
I have a Hed Stinger I am looking to trade for maybe a Zipp 808, planet X 82 or similar of same depth- clincher or tub... I bought this as a set with the Zipp 900 from a riding buddy a couple of weeks ago and realized that while the 900 will work, I am a couple (okay a few HA!) pounds over the "recommended weight limit" for the front. My friend bought the wheel new, did a couple of TT's with it then as he describes was bitten by the CX/MTB bug. I am unsure of the vintage but I think it is an '11 or '12. I peeled the decals off but have posted a photo of the wheel with just for reference. It is a "wide" rim as I had to open my caliper completely for the wheel to fit. The wheel spins smooth, round and true... it has a nice Vittoria Corsa EVO CX glued on...

Last edited by: planetxer: Apr 19, 14 21:38
Quote Reply
Re: WTT- Hed Stinger for 808 or PX 82 [planetxer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sat night bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How would you be over the weight limit for a Stinger 9, but not for an 808??

Oh, OK, just looked and I see the diff in specs. But honestly, I bet you'd be just as safe on a Stinger 9 as an 808...
Last edited by: gibson00: Apr 20, 14 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: WTT- Hed Stinger for 808 or PX 82 [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what i understand from Zipp and Hed websites is a 210lb limit for the Hed, 250lb for 808's (firecrest), 240lb for Planet X 82's... both of which are substantially more than the Hed, and within range for my Clyde self :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sure I would be okay on it- I assume the suggested weight limits are on the conservative side- however as a fat guy leaning over the front of a TTbike I would rather play it on the safe side :)
Quote Reply