Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 55-59 CM
Quote | Reply
Got a medium brand new Bell Meteor II the fastest helmet in the world, Size Med, I believe is 55-59 cm
asking $205 shipped, firm on the price
Last edited by: bindolus: Feb 16, 07 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [bindolus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not even legal to race in the US is it? Thought it only had CEN certification???
Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [batesrt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may not be legal in UCI sactioned races but I've never heard of it not being legal for triathlons.
Anyways I'm not forcing anyone to buy it!
Is for interested individuals only, if you're replying just to critise, save it!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by arooo [ In reply to ]
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [bindolus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not trying to be critical (i'd love to buy it myself!) but wanted to make sure people know it's not legal for USAT races (since the majority on here are racing USAT races). awesome helmet though for UCI, wish USAT would come around on their thinking too!
Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [arooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how can people continually do this................

Bell Meteor II 2007 Time Trial Helmet
$148.61

CLIP/CLIP/CLIP

Well, if you take this price from Totalcycling.com, and add shipping from the UK (large package, so it won't be cheap) and then add on US Customs duty, you'll be well, well over $200, I'm sure. Plus you'll still have to leave it in the car if you're racing USAT triathlons.

Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i actually ordered this helmet from europe and after all expense... it come to about 170us.....nothing more....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who cares what he is asking for it?. It's a very hard helmet to buy right now and if he wants to sell it for 200+ then let him. You have no right to come on his post and degrade his attempt to sell something.
Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [joonya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You have no right to come on his post and degrade his attempt to sell something.
Sure he does.
Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well sure his actual 'rights' say he can, but it's still messed up. If people think it's too much money then simply don't buy it. How hard is that?
Quote Reply
Last edited by: arooo: Feb 16, 07 9:56
Quote | Reply
There are people in this world who have either no purpose in life or something constructive to do, they are probably misserable and want to cause hate and discontent.
Sure you can buy the helmet overseas for less, I figure the mark up I put on it covers my troubles, plus my risk on the investment, and also the posibilities of idiots who have nothing better to do than to degrade people on this forum who are trying to sell something.
Maybe you go to the store and live in a fantasy world where retailers don't mark up products, they sell them to you at their price.
Maybe to you your time plus risking your money is not worth anything, and if that's the case you probably have nothing, you should go to buisseness school, you'll learn a lot there; and again as stated previously by some one with brains, !IF YOU DON'T WANT IT, DON'T BUY IT! is that simple.
Another sugestion !GET A LIFE!
Quote Reply
Re: BELL METEOR II RED SIZE MED 52-59 CM [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i actually ordered this helmet from europe and after all expense... it come to about 170us.....nothing more....

I'm sure you did. In fact, I looked into it a just couple months ago, too. At that time, from the same source totalcycling, the more favourable exchange rate put it at $119US. It was a deal then...now, at ~$150US+shipping and duties, not so much. Since I race more tris than TTs I decided against it anyway.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your Idea of overpriced is obviously based on the fact that you're probably cheap, I have found my self paying higher prices for items based on need and convinience which to some people is more important than saving a few dollars.
As Far as warranty issues, I neither have to explain my self to you or anyone who,s only interest is to make them self feel better by criticizing some one whos trying to do buiseness, any person that is honestly interested in purchasing the helmet will obviously be smart to ask questions, at that time I will give my credentiials, the interested party can than evaluate and decide if I'm trusworthy enough to do buisseness with.
since you're so honest in your dealings with your fellow man and consided anyone who's trying to make some money a rip off, you ought to try as I said going to buisseness school, If you had a little more class and were and better financial condition you wouldn't be on here shoping for give aways or degrading sellers who are trying to do buisseness . Bet you you're one of those people who shops at Kmart or the so called dollar stores and flea market trying to buy stuff for pennies on the dollar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You did slam his post.

Who made you the moderator for all cycling things sold in the US? Why do you feel the need to critique people who you do not know and are trying to conduct business? I have been watching aero helmets for a litle while and I can honestly say this is not a bad price for this helmet. Some have gone this high on ebay and other places, some have been bought cheaper. The fact is the helmet is relatively hard to get a hold of and worth a few extra bucks to garentee one. Do you go to your local bike store saying all these things are WAY over priced...What they hell are you guys thinking...I can buy these online for much cheaper...And then tell everyone that comes in not to buy from this crappy bike store becuase they don't have the size on their price tag??? Or do you just go about you oun business? give me a break...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it must be a habit of yours to try to impose your way of thinking onto other people, you must have read by now that other people on this forum disagree with you.
Have you ever heard of free interprise or entreprenuership?
Maybe we ought to write to congress and tell them that we don't like when people in this country try to make an extra buck and tell them that is unfair an a rip off.
That's about as un American as I've ever heard, maybe we ought to become communist where the goverment control all the pricing and only the goverment can make a profit, that will probably make you happy.
You have the right to decide weather you want to buy the helmet or not, but to claim that I'm ripping people off without even knowing what I paid for it is flat out getting personal
The definition of convenience changes from person to person, something that mighty be convenient for you may not be convenient for me and viseversa.
By the way not all people that come into this forum are looking for give aways, and if someone posted a P3 frameset for $5000 I'm a grown man capable of deciding or searching for a better price and I don't need anyone telling me or advicing me where to shop. Whoever is trying to sell the frame for that price that's there choice just like is my choice to buy it or not buy it, and when someone decides to discredit me by posting an add for a cheper price on my thread page, to me that's an insult and getting personal; I dare you to try that in a store, or on a web site and you'll get sued or thrown in jail, I'm neither of those but is the principle of courtesy.
If some day you have an opportunity to make an extra couple of bucks think about what you just did
By the way this is my last post as well and I accept your appology.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
...............supply and demand
exactly. If you check around, instead of complaining, this asking price is not out of line at all. First, the item is not readily available in the US through normal distribution channels, so one must really look to find one. Currently there are 3 on eBay...one has a BIN price of $190+15 shipping, one has 2 days to go and is at $200+10 shipping, the other has 5 days to go and is at $182+10 shipping. Recent eBay sales show one at $150+13 shipping (instant BIN) and one at $275+10 shipping. You can also go to the European sites like xxcycle ($168+ 25 shipping) and totalcycling ($148+30 shipping) and hope that it gets here OK and that there is not a US Customs invoice attached. I think the info about what events will currently allow the use of this helmet are valid posts, but as far the price compares to overseas online retailers...buy it or click on the next item. All of the name calling and ensuing nonsense is uncalled for.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The point of the LBS anology wasn't to see how well you lbs prices...I could care less if yours actually happens to be cheap or not. I was stating that you wouldn't go in there and tell them things are over priced if they were. get it?

"Is there something wrong with letting bargain hunters(those on this site)know that said item is readily available elsewhere for a lower price? "

No. Unless of course you do it in someone else's classified post.

"If I placed and ad saying 2007 P3C Frameset(new) for sale, $5000, what do you think the response would be?"

No buyers (???) Not people slamming your post. Oh and FYI if the ad was right after they were released and they were in demand then maybe some takers...

"Let's not call it critiquing so much as calling out"

Call it whatever you want. I'm just calling it wrong and poor ettiquet.

"Last post, to you, on this subject, as well."

Ok.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]how can people continually do this................
[url "http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/manufacturer/bell/index.html"]Bell[/url] Meteor II 2007 Time Trial Helmet
$148.61
[/b] [img]http://www.totalcycling.com/images/image/18967_115510.jpg[/img]
[ul] [li][url "http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/manufacturer/bell/index.html"]More from Bell[/url] [li][url "http://www.totalcycling.com/index.php/product/apparel_shoes/helmets_tt/"]More from this category[/url][/li][/ul]
Our most popular TT helmet is now available in 2 new colours for 2007. Aerodynamics and impact protection come together on the new Bell Meteor time trial helmet. The Meteor II is perfect for road time trials as well as triathlons. [li]Proven in wind tunnel testing [li]Used by Team CSC and Credit Agricole and by many riders at the Olympic Games [li]Available in black or silver [li]Certification - CE EN1078 [li]Small head circumference - [b]51-55cm[/b] [li]Med head circumference - [b]55-59cm[/b] [li]Weight - [b]315g[/b]
[img]http://www.totalcycling.com/images/options.gif[/img] Helmet options: Please select.. Black Small Black Medium Silver Small Silver Medium
Price: $148.61
[/b] Quantity to add to basket: [right][/right][/li][/reply]

Phone call to aroo's boss. Hey Aroo's boss did you know you can higher someone for half the money and they do the same quality(or lack there of) as Aaroo and I will tell you where to call and hire them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
considering you can order this including tarrifs(if applicable) and shipping for the 170 johnnyo stated
Jonnyo didn't state that. The poster was joonya - someone totally different than our french-canadian friend with the pink bike and the hordes of womens following his every move.
Quote Reply