Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE
Quote | Reply
20% off Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves now through Sunday, April 12, 2009. - UPDATE - THROUGH SUNDAY APRIL 26TH DUE TO HIGH DEMAND

Coupon: ZENS20

Website: http://shop.steadystatesports.com/...Id=6&productId=7
Last edited by: Ironmantam: Apr 22, 09 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [Ironmantam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love these things...wearing mine as I type :)
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [sailnfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much compression do they have? Tried the 2xu and found very little compression.

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Christian - I'm going to send a message over to my contact at Zensah and see if there are "numbers" we can put around to the "how much compression do they have". I, too, am wearing them as I type this message - feel so good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just trying to get a feel for what level they are. I am looking more for a medical grade compression. The 2xu I tried were not that. I do have some SLS3 that have great compression, but I don't want a full sock. Let me know what you come up with.

chris

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zensah's have specific compression ares on the unlike the 2xu. I to wear them when I type. It helps with the recovery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Gulf Coast Tri 70.3 5-7-2011

"Get to living before your dead, or you soon will find, if your not pushing straight ahead you'll be left behind " - "The Bastard Suns"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want medical grade compression, then you should buy a medical product. Something with that much compression (a number in the 30's I'm pretty sure) you won't find in any tri-brand.

Also, not saying you don't need it since I don't know you, but compression clothing isn't something that you should buy the highest amount you can stand thinking more is better. Without a bloodflow condition medical levels of compression can be harmful for an athlete. Good compression clothing is just like a good bike, it's all about the fit, and that means that every brand doesn't work for every person.
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [jalyon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want a pair of these, at what point or where are you asked about the coupon code!?!? BTW: I want to pay with PayPal...

"The faster you get, the harder it is to get faster."
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [sonnylowe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Sonny,

Here is the link to the product:

http://shop.steadystatesports.com/...Id=6&productId=7

Click "add to cart"

The decide if you want to continue shopping :)

Otherwise select checkout

Enter address info

Then shipping method

THEN coupon code and paypal

Sorry - it's several steps in.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do I know what size?

chris

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Christian,

I am 5'8 and 142 pounds and I wear a S/M....my husband is 6'0 and 200 pounds and wears L/XL.....other customers we have are 5'9 - 6'0 and weigh 165-180 and wear L/XL.

Does that help?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Christian,

I received a response back from Zensah as it relates to the amount of compression - I'm pasting in their email:

"Currently we do not have a number, but I can tell you that since our products are made with seamless technology they have more of a ergonomic fit.

Zensah® has developed a type of compression called PRO GRADE™ Compression. Based on tests with elite athletes we have developed the optimal amount of compression."

Hope this helps you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the coupon instructions :-)
My take on sizing:

I am a 5'10" 140 male (size 10 shoe) with a 14.5" calf, I can't get a small over my foot, the M/L feel good and the compression feels about right (compared to my Zoot compression socks).

Sonny

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Sonny,

You make a good point - so I went and measured my calf....14.5" as well. The fact that you can't get it over your foot/heel must relate to shoe size vs. calf size.

Tami
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tami,

Good point about my feet, I figured it's was an issue of girth around my heel and the front crease of my ankle. Either way the L/XL fit me well and again seem to have more than adequate compression.

BTW: Just ordered two pair (one large one small) and got a shipping notice with in 30 minutes...it doesn't get much better than that!!!!

Thanks,
Sonny

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sleeves are in the mail! You should receive them hopefully Monday or Tuesday. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered mine, thank you!

======================
The older I get, the faster I was
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [tomertz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our post office just closed so yours will go out tomorrow. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO which size?

I'm 6-3, 177 lbs and a 13.5" calf. I'm all legs, 36" inseam. The S/M may be too short? and the L/XL may fall off my leg : )

Web sites I've found for this product only list sizes by height which really does not help much. If I go by most of the compression product size charts for height I'd be wearing XL and XXL or more and I'm sure they'd fall off my 13.5" calfs.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Paul,

We calculated a couple difference measurements for you:

Length of the L/XL = 10 7/8 inches
Length of the S/M = 9 7/8 inches

Circumference of the L/XL = 11 3/4 inches
Circumference of the S/M = 11 inches

So - what's the answer? Couple things to think about....will you be able to get the S/M over your foot/heel? What's the length of your lower leg? I just measured my leg - from the bottom of my knee cap to the floor (knowing that you don't where them to the floor) - 16" for me. I don't think one inch in length will hurt you if you decide to go with the S/M.....my concern would be getting it over your foot/heel....

Tami
Last edited by: Ironmantam: Apr 11, 09 4:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping you transposed the 2 numbers. You've written that the S/M has a larger circumference then the L/XL. My measurement is about 21" from bottom of the knee cap to the floor.

I currently wear the Skins brand in an XS, with my 13.5" calf. All Skins are the same length and are stretchy enough to fit easily over my foot/heal. They fit all the way to the top of my calf and they have a foot strap.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wearing the S/M as I type...with my 13 1/4" calves.
S/M fit great. Hope that helps with the sizing.

----------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves - SALE [mountainman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that helps!!

I have a pair of Skins currrently and a pair 2XU on the way. I may try these too.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good catch! I fixed it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul - I'd go with the S/M. I'm 6'3" 180lbs with a 14.0 calf. I wear a S/M in the Zensah. 11.5 foot and don't have any problems getting them on. I am however careful with them. Don't just grab them from the top and pull them on like any other sock. I am mre careful when pulling them over the heal so as not to damage them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next