Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTT: 31.6 Thomson Setback
Quote | Reply
I have a 31.6 setback (brand spankin new) in a 367mm length that will either be too long for my GT-Idrive (it will bottom out when inserted to my size) or will need to be cut (something I'll cry over if I have to do). Looking to trade mine for one that is shorter so I won't have to cut it. If a USE alien carbon road post in 27.2 is more appealing to trade for I have one of those as well. Drop me a note telling me what you have.
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 31.6 Thomson Setback [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've got a lightly used black 31.6 thomson no setback on my merckx. i'm not sure of the length. i'll measure it if you're interested.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 31.6 Thomson Setback [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
setback would be preferred since the cockpit is a bit short but I could always get a longer stem. You wanting the setback or the Alien as trade bait?
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 31.6 Thomson Setback [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the one I have is the straight post, no setback, already cut to 310mm (it was way to damn long for my frame; so i had to chop it). It would move your seat forward 2cm or so. I would be intersted in the Thomson setback.

dont want to sound pedantic ... but cutting it might be the easiest, esp. if the setback works for you. all you need is a sharp hacksaw and a tubing guide (which can be made from one of the those round clamp things that you tighten down with a screwdriver ... cant remember waht they are called). then just use a file to smooth over the burrs. easy.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Last edited by: jcurtis: Jan 16, 06 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: WTT: 31.6 Thomson Setback [jcurtis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
may end up having to go that route but was hoping to avoid it. Had to use an old road post on my Kestrel to avoid having to cut down the USE. Mind you it had a lot to do with USE saying don't cut it..period. Have to see if anyone else is paying attention...thanks for replying I'll keep it in mind.
Quote Reply