Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTRent: 17-19" mtb for July 8th Xterra weekend in Charlotte, NC
Quote | Reply
Would like to rent a pretty nice mtb from a forum member for $50/day ($150 total) for an Xterra at the Whitewater center outside of Charlotte, NC the July 7th through the 9th. I can get by on a 17, 18 or 19" frame. A XC race bike would work well, though I'm open to a trail bike. Time pedals would be a plus.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: WTRent: 17-19" mtb for July 8th Xterra weekend in Charlotte, NC [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They rent bikes at the WWC. They are not awesome bikes, but not bad either. If you don't find anything suitable, I have a medium sized mtn bike, but its not a fat tire gravel bike or anything and it has flat pedals; I am in CLT.
Quote Reply
Re: WTRent: 17-19" mtb for July 8th Xterra weekend in Charlotte, NC [caffeinator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
much appreciated.

I've rented their bikes before and it could work. My experience has been that their bikes get pretty well worn - I had the b-knuckle on a RD seize on me... never have had that happen before. Feel free to PM me with your bike details. Thanks!

I've had a little trouble finding good bikes to rent close to Charlotte, to the point where I'm considering swinging by Sycamore cycles in Brevard on the way down and back since they rent out some nice bikes at great prices - Yeti and Specialized (rented a Camber from them last Fall).

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: WTRent: 17-19" mtb for July 8th Xterra weekend in Charlotte, NC [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a Marin, I bought it specifically to ride at USNWWC. I will get a photo to you this weekend I Keep in a garage nearby but not right where I live.

If you want to ride it, you might as well just borrow it.

I cannot really think of any other shops around here that rent, the bike/tri scene is not that strong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go with Sycamore. Not many shops in CLT rent trail bikes (or even road bikes) although the previous poster is incorrect in saying the "bike/tri scene isn't strong" in CLT. It's definitely strong, you just have to know where to look.
Quote Reply