Want to sell your Rotor 3D+ crank??
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Rotor 3D+ 175mm crank arms [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this .txt me 7800477 area code 9o3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still looking. The poster above (while very well intentioned) did not have a 3d+ crank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You referring to me? I do have a 3D+, mind it is a FLOW. 175. Moving on.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Rotor 3D+ 175mm crank arms [mikebtyler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the flow is the 3D+ in a more aero package. same trinity drilling, stiffness, just designed with smoother shape to save a claimed six seconds in a 40km TT. The only real difference aside from being more aero is the aesthetics

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: WTB Rotor 3D+ 175mm crank arms [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
the flow is the 3D+ in a more aero package. same trinity drilling, stiffness, just designed with smoother shape to save a claimed six seconds in a 40km TT. The only real difference aside from being more aero is the aesthetics

I understand it's supposed to be more aero due to the shaping, but it's also darn near 100 grams heavier and is curiously narrow near the spider where the 3D+/3D30/3DF are all thicker. Name one other crank that narrows towards the axle. This crank is going on a 16lb road bike. I already have a 160mm 3D+ on the tri bike. I will grab a much cheaper 3D30 for only a 50 gram penalty before a Flow.

The Flow and 3D+ are not the same thing. They may share some of the same technologies, but that's about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take mfg weights on these very loosely. If weight is a big consideration here I'd recommend only buying in person and take your scale. There was on avg a 27g difference between the 3dF/3d30 and 3D+ as of late 2016 (avg factors in the different available lengths).

The flow is nowhere near 100g heavier, it will be lighter than the F or 3d30 for the arms (aero mas spider will be heavier than standard road spider).
You are correct it does narrow towards the spider, but not a ton, and if you're worried about loss of stiffness or strength in that area you don't need to be.

Obviously it's your choice, but aesthetics and an aero package is the only difference here.

Quote Reply
Re: WTB Rotor 3D+ 175mm crank arms [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you're trying to help, but my whole point of this thread is to buy a freaking 3D+ in 175mm. A 2x spider in 110 would be great, but I have a handful of spiders already.

I have owned two 3D+ and two 3D30 cranks recently. Two bought from this forum. The heaviest one on my scale was a 175mm 3D30 at 520 grams with the non-aero spider. It's been marvelous and has seen a lot of cross races. I don't care what you think a Flow weighs, it's not what I'm looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely just trying to help and inform, so no reason to lose your cool about it. i completely apologize for having good intentions and addressing the weight issue with relevant data. I wish you the best of luck in your 3d+ 175mm search, they're around, and I agree with you, they are great cranks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever find one?
Quote Reply