Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB Everyday Clincher Wheelset on tight budget
Quote | Reply
I am trying to replace my aging Shimano WH-R550 wheelset and looking for a good everyday riding/training wheelset.
Doesn't need to be super light, just sturdy and reliable.
This is for my black Felt B2, 700c.
For example of what I'd like to find, I've seen some older Felt take-offs on here, both TTR3's and TTR4's going for around 200 shipped and that's about the max I can spend and would work perfectly.
Anything similar or any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Everyday Clincher Wheelset on tight budget [Harmon33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a set of easton ea70s for $200 shipped? They are black with the dark gray easton logos. Perfectly true roll nice and smooth I. Great shape. 1650grams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
700 Mavic Aksium Race wheelset, black in color and 10-speed cassette. I'd go $175 shipped in lower 48.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Alex wheels with tires and skewers. They are in excellent condition
$125 shipped

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you still like like R550s well enough in general, or are you trying for a slight upgrade in the process? I have a spare set of 550s I'd be happy to get out of my garage (pretty sure it's the same model, I'll double check); they came stock off my kid's Cannondale when I bought some nicer Cosmics for one of my bikes and swapped my older Cosmics on to his ~ so not used that much, and by an extra-skinny lightweight at that. Say $80 to cover shipping and a bit extra for the trouble to box them up and make a trip to the UPS store? I can get pics if you like.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Everyday Clincher Wheelset on tight budget [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the replies so far, those are some good options to choose from, I appreciate it and am trying to figure out which way to go.
To answer the OneGoodLeg's question, I guess I am looking for a slight upgrade (if possible at my price point).
The Shimanos have been fine until I finally broke a spoke and realized how hard it is to find anyone with those types of straight pull spokes anymore without special ordering them. Seems like a lot of trouble to maintain an aging set of wheels.
Anyway, I will probably pass on another set of R550's, but thanks for the offer!
Any other wheelsets you guys/gals have out there would be greatly appreciated, still looking and weighing my options.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Everyday Clincher Wheelset on tight budget [adktriguy46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
11spd compatible?

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Everyday Clincher Wheelset on tight budget [bmeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 spd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of Mavic Open Pro 32-hole wheels, laced onto a Dura Ace rear hub (10spd) and a Powertap front hub, also 32-hole. Wheelset is in very good condition. $170, shipped takes them. The D-A hub is a 7700 series hub, FYI.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some DT Swiss wheels I took off my '13 Specialized Shiv if you're interested. They are in great condition and have the Zipp Tangente dimpled tires. You can have them for the $200 shipped if you want, they're just sitting around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

DT Axis 2.0 Wheelset

New, unridden (take-offs from my Shiv); these DT Axis 2.0 wheels (700c, Shimano/SRAM, black finish) make great, bombproof trainers.

$175 Shipped (Cont. US): Complete with skewers, tubes, rim strips, and Specialized Elite Turbo 700x23c tires.

(This post was edited by Titanflexr on Jul 23, 13 18:04)

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply