Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB - 6800 or 5800 crank
Quote | Reply
I'm getting ready for cross season and want to change up my drivetrain. I'm looking for an Ultegra 6800 crank (chainring size not important) with either 170 or 172.5 crank arms. Really I just need the crank arms as I intend to run 1x. I'm also looking for a pair of 6870 di2 shifters too.

Hopefully someone out there has these parts lying around and would like to sell!

EDIT - no longer going Di2 (no need for shifters). See below.

EDIT #2 - all done, parts purchased.
Last edited by: tri_curious: Aug 24, 17 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank and 6870 di2 shifters [tri_curious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of 6770 shifters, but they will work with 10 or 11 speed. All the shifters are is switches.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank and 6870 di2 shifters [pdudle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good point, hadn't thought about the 6770 shifters. As long as they're e-tube compatible (documentation seems to indicate yes) then I'd be interested. How much do you want for them?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank and 6870 di2 shifters [tri_curious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are e-tube compatible. I would have kept them when I swapped to 11s but I just happened to find a deal on a Dura-Ace 9070 entire group. $100 shipped? They basically look like new and function perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it could be 5800 I have a NIB 5800 172.5 crank with 52/36 rings. Black version.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank and 6870 di2 shifters [pdudle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that's a great deal and I would have taken you up on it, however I have now decided to not go Di2 afterall.

I was thinking I'd be in the neighborhood of $600-$700 for some used parts plus the odds and ends required to complete the system. After doing my research and putting a parts list together it looks like at least $1k for ultegra shifters + XT di2 RD and all the other parts. I was going to program it to shift like etap, but oh well.

I am now planning to go down the path of Genevalle 1x11 shifters with an XT or XTR rear derailleur. Yes, SRAM Rival 1 can be had for around $600 but I've never cared much for doubletap.

I'm still looking for a crank though.

Thanks again, hope you find a good home for your shifters!
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank and 6870 di2 shifters [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A 5800 crank would work - how much do you want for it?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank [tri_curious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending PM.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB - Ultegra 6800 crank and 6870 di2 shifters [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sale complete!
Quote Reply